+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Will You Be Going To The Pub?

Well, Will You Be Going To The Pub?

I never really went before but when I did it was on impulse when passing one. But the hassle and faff that you will be expected to undertake just for a pint will surely make pubs think is it worth opening at all. Giving your personal info at the door, no football, no speaking above a certain level, shown to a table where you will be served, restrictions on who you drink with, sit not facing one and other if poss, some guard at the door may ask 'have you booked, have you booked" and turned away if not, book a time slot to visit on an app if they have one, may have to drink your pint on the pavement or the pub carpark and you can't come back in if it rains etc etc, This is just madness now.

It’s becoming nonsense now.

My wife was treated as if nuclear active on a visit to our dentist today.

At the same time 20,000 were cheek by jowl on Bournemouth beach.

I’ve given up on social distancing pretty much and have started to live my life.

If you’re a white person with your family on a beach the police are hunting you down like a dog.

If you’re at a protest march with 20,000 others you won’t see a copper for live nor money.

What are the rules?

Does anyone give a f u c k anymore?

If you’re health is fragile then take care but if not........

FFS.......let’s get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I’ve given up on social distancing pretty much and have started to live my life.

If you’re a white person with your family on a beach the police are hunting you down like a dog.

If you’re at a protest march with 20,000 others you won’t see a copper for live nor money.

What are the rules?

Wait until the second waves comes! Might be best Mick to get prepared with a new product line - sledges!

People were pissed off with Cummings but this guy must have loved the deflection of those thousands of protesters ( understand the reasoning ) but f uckin idiotic and selfish with the virus. So on two accounts - the public have thought f uck it and descended back to the norm. 4th July will see casualty filled once again with people with vomit down themselves and beer glasses stuck in their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

What are the rules?

Riots in Brixton too, over 20 police injured breaking up an illegal street party. I don’t expect that one is permitted to ask what ethnicity the rioters were.........! Police lives don’t matter, though. As for the beaches at Bournemouth, well, words fail me, mindless idiots.

As for the pub, if my Friday night regular opens up, I’ll be going. It’s a small country pub, no food, frequented by villagers and a few other regulars like me. Prior to lockdown, the landlord was continually cleaning the tables and bar, everyone that entered had their temperature checked. Also, it’s Summer, and they have outdoor seating. Good beer, too!

I've already started re-stocking my bog roll cache

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Riots in Brixton too, over 20 police injured breaking up an illegal street party. I don’t expect that one is permitted to ask what ethnicity the rioters were.........! Police lives don’t matter, though. As for the beaches at Bournemouth, well, words fail me, mindless idiots.

As for the pub, if my Friday night regular opens up, I’ll be going. It’s a small country pub, no food, frequented by villagers and a few other regulars like me. Prior to lockdown, the landlord was continually cleaning the tables and bar, everyone that entered had their temperature checked. Also, it’s Summer, and they have outdoor seating. Good beer, too!
    For the first time in my 60 odd years...and it hurts me to say it...I couldn't give a scheisse about the police...you reap what you sow

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    For the first time in my 60 odd years...and it hurts me to say it...I couldn't give a scheisse about the police...you reap what you sow
    I have to say that your post is ridiculous. If you are being attacked by an individual or a mob, who is going to come to your aid and maybe risk their own safety on your behalf? Oh yes, that would be the police, who you don’t give a s**t about. Disgraceful.

If I were attacked I wouldn't be confident that the Police would come to my aid. Would they be putting themselves on the line for me? I don't think so. They're a group of form fillers and speed camera operators.

I have absolutely no intention of going to a pub for the foreseeable. The amount of self entitled tw@ts going to the beaches despite crowding are an indicator of what to expect. I understand the reasoning behind reopening but equally appreciate that once drink flows rules most likely won't apply. Not interested for a while at least. Have a brain and stay away.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)