Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Released Players

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,568

    Released Players

    See we have released players today:

    Rob Elliot
    Jack Colback
    Jamie Sterry
    Luke Charman
    Víctor Fernández
    Liam Gibson
    Nathan Harker

    Only one i'm slightly disappointed in is Elliot, although I do understand why we've let him go.

    This was Elliot's statment:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    See we have released players today:

    Rob Elliot
    Jack Colback
    Jamie Sterry
    Luke Charman
    Víctor Fernández
    Liam Gibson
    Nathan Harker

    Only one i'm slightly disappointed in is Elliot, although I do understand why we've let him go.

    This was Elliot's statment:

    Would have preferred to have kept him then sign Gillespie on a Free but hopefully he can find himself a championship club and get regular football.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,767
    That's very canny of him-he didn't need to do that.

    He got a fair amount of stick for backing Pardew and fatso (quite rightly, imo) and, actually, wasn't particularly good but, at the same time, was what you'd call a good, honest pro and was an absolutley smashing bloke (mate of mine used to cook for him and said he was absolutely sound).

    Wish him nothing but good luck.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That's very canny of him-he didn't need to do that.

    He got a fair amount of stick for backing Pardew and fatso (quite rightly, imo) and, actually, wasn't particularly good but, at the same time, was what you'd call a good, honest pro and was an absolutley smashing bloke (mate of mine used to cook for him and said he was absolutely sound).

    Wish him nothing but good luck.
    Yes agreed, he was a trier who gave his best and at times his best was useful.

    He also had a sense of humour because he put up with a lot of stick at times with a smile on his face.

    Sad about Liam Gibson as the lad missed a whole season due to ill health, I thought he would have made it through, not being biased because he has the same name as my Grandson, I hope he makes his mark elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,568
    Aye - he did fine out on loan at Acrington, so I reckon he'll be picked up by a League one or two side.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye - he did fine out on loan at Acrington, so I reckon he'll be picked up by a League one or two side.
    Not Blunderland though I hope. That would be a travesty if he moved there and did well and progressed.

    Thinking about it he probably has more sense though.

  7. #7
    None of them deserve a contract at the toon
    Onwards and upwards

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12,263
    I was about to post that ginger Jack’ll be off to the mackems, but then I realized he’s probably too good for them now. Jesus.....that is frightening.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,568
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I was about to post that ginger Jack’ll be off to the mackems, but then I realized he’s probably too good for them now. Jesus.....that is frightening.


    I reckon Boro - complete the trio of clubs, there in chimpo so will be his level.

  10. #10
    The Makems couldn’t afford the salaries of Colback and Elliot

    How the mighty six in a row have fallen, I’m loving it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •