+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: one for the Stattos/Historians...

one for the Stattos/Historians...

Could someone please explain how we managed to beat ourselves 1-0 in one of the Finals of this former competition...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffi...ire_County_Cup

sawmiller, I covered this a few weeks ago. Apparently their wasn’t a final that year and it’s a misprint.

It’s a good job it’s a misprint otherwise the EFL would be looking to deduct our small family club some points...⚽️

Sorry Brin, didn't see that. OK - makes sense now. I remember some of the games in the 70s - entertaining on and off the pitch. Wonder if we'll ever see a return to this? Probably not whilst one of the local sides is in the top flight.....

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    It’s a good job it’s a misprint otherwise the EFL would be looking to deduct our small family club some points...⚽️

wouldn't surprise me.....

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Sorry Brin, didn't see that. OK - makes sense now. I remember some of the games in the 70s - entertaining on and off the pitch. Wonder if we'll ever see a return to this? Probably not whilst one of the local sides is in the top flight.....
    That might be us then along with Sheff Utd.