+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T:- White lives dont matter.

So the professor basically said all lives matter, but in a slightly provocative way.

Saying all lives matter is a perfectly reasonable thing to say, but as usual in the current climate the issue is not what is said but who says it. If it's a white person it's taken as a sign of white fragility or perhaps even hidden racism.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    We get it, you hate this country. You hate the people and you hate its institutions. Is there anything you like about this country?
    I hate this country haha, good reply. I would have had my money on you pointing me to some tedious, opaquely funded, far right website which claims in actual fact it was the fault of the Irish that the British went round killing unarmed civilians.

Because, you know, all news sources have equal value and you’ve just got to read them all and make YouR oWN miND uP.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I hate this country haha, good reply. I would have had my money on you pointing me to some tedious, opaquely funded, far right website which claims in actual fact it was the fault of the Irish that the British went round killing unarmed civilians.

Because, you know, all news sources have equal value and you’ve just got to read them all and make YouR oWN miND uP.
    Yes, because everyone that does not support your Marxist ideology is far right.

You have no idea what is happening in the world unless you see it in you precious Guardian. You are actively stating the making your own mind up is somehow wrong, that getting all the various opinions on an event is wrong.

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Yes, because everyone that does not support your Marxist ideology is far right.

You have no idea what is happening in the world unless you see it in you precious Guardian. You are actively stating the making your own mind up is somehow wrong, that getting all the various opinions on an event is wrong.

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
    So anyone left of centre is Marxist? Let’s be consistent in our unjustified assumptions, Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    So anyone left of centre is Marxist? Let’s be consistent in our unjustified assumptions, Edward.
    No, because I am a left of centre person. A marxist a specific term to denote the current group of activists that are pushing their ideology. In the traditional style they see the world as different economical classes with those with more exploiting the ones wth less. The new Marxists see culture as the means to exploit if you want to read more about it I suggest the Wikipedia article on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The way they look at it is certain traits have power over those that do not have those traits. Those that have the attributes of the establishment of the western world are seen as being the dominant exploiters of the world.

Whites exploit non-whites
    Men exploit women
    Straight exploit non straight.
    Able exploit disabled
    Cisgender exploit transgender.

There is a whole list of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_of_domination

The "classes" of the majority culture exploit those of the other and are therefore bad, you are born with original sin, they have privilege. Those without privilege are exploited and so anything they do is justifiable. If a white guy calls out a black guy for what ever reason, he is showing his privilege and it therefore a racist. If the back guy call out the white guy he is fighting against oppression. That is why when a white person says "white lives matter" they are called racist and they are standing up for the oppresive system.

Under this system Serena Williams is an oppressed minority as she is Black and Female. A white working class young unable to get a job is and oppressor as he is a white male.

Thanks for the explanation of what you mean, Ewarwoowar. I agree up to a point; I think the concept of privilege is valid and considering how it might apply to oneself is a useful exercise. I think that “woke” culture is often too sure of its own correctness, and things like the recent abuse of J K Rowling (calling her transphobic and a “****”) are downright wrong. I don’t agree that this is Marxism, though a comparison with Marxism may be valid.

I’m mostly centre left, certainly not Marxist, but many of my friends are more left wing than I am. I’m unlikely to head further left as long as the left wing remains so in love with identity politics, which I detest.

Depressing to see what's happening in the BLM/antifa occupied Seattle zone. Two black ****agers shot by the BLM security people the night before last, 16 year old fatally with a 14 year old critical, both were unarmed and apparently joy riding through the zone in a stolen vehicle.
    Another black man was also shot dead in the area a week or so ago and at least one other shooting. Patriots/biker gangs are threatening to go in and reclaim the area on 4th July.

So the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (Chaz)" is now coming to an end with police moving in to clear the protesters a day after the mayor had changed her tune from declaring it to be "a summer of love" three weeks ago to "dangerous" after some of them had turned up outside her home making demands. Antia/BLM security have shot dead a 16 year old, critically wounded a 14 year old and shot dead another. All victims were black and the western media have effectively ignored it, interesting.

Meanwhile, the Premier League are beginning to distance themselves from the organisation after the UK BLM branch made an antisemitic tweet/statement. Sky presenters last night were not wearing BLM badges.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567