+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- White lives dont matter.

O/T:- White lives dont matter.

A Doctor at Cambridge University has tweeted or whatever the above. Cambridge University has promoted her to a proffessorship on the strength of it.

The world is in chaos. Nothing good will come of this.

Nigel of Petty Cury.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-06-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Fixed title/prefix format

Really, she was promoted because of the tweet or at the same time because of unrelated reasons? Do you have evidence to back up your assertion?

Either way, her employer stood up for the right of their employee to use their free speech. Is that a bad thing now? Me I disagree with what she says and I will use my free speech to disagree and state that all lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Really, she was promoted because of the tweet or at the same time because of unrelated reasons? Do you have evidence to back up your assertion?

Either way, her employer stood up for the right of their employee to use their free speech. Is that a bad thing now? Me I disagree with what she says and I will use my free speech to disagree and state that all lives matter.
    She should be sacked. Let's keep the playing field level. Anyone who make a pronouncement of any sort that doesn't involve "taking the knee" and raising a fist is not entitled to speak. Anybody who makes a pronouncement expecting an intellectual take on it must be thick.

The most balance view I've read on this whole topic is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53062502

Spolier - racially abused Eton student speaks.

Well not exactly the smartest thing to be saying in the current climate.

She is entitled to her view but it is obvious its going to draw attention to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    She should be sacked. Let's keep the playing field level. Anyone who make a pronouncement of any sort that doesn't involve "taking the knee" and raising a fist is not entitled to speak. Anybody who makes a pronouncement expecting an intellectual take on it must be thick.
    I disagree, the correct response would be to say she is wrong. If you think she should be sacked then you also agree the guy that flew the banner at Burnley should be fired. Eventually that way, none of us will have a job.

Although, it would be interesting to find out if the University believe that is an idiology that should not be challenged in her classes.

Also i did a check on her Twitter account and was shocked to see liberal use on a certain racial slur beginning with N. I can't see her keeping her account as Twitter will ban for that.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    I disagree, the correct response would be to say she is wrong. If you think she should be sacked then you also agree the guy that flew the banner at Burnley should be fired. Eventually that way, none of us will have a job.

Although, it would be interesting to find out if the University believe that is an idiology that should not be challenged in her classes.

Also i did a check on her Twitter account and was shocked to see liberal use on a certain racial slur beginning with N. I can't see her keeping her account as Twitter will ban for that.
    It seems that her full tweet read "I'll say it again. White lives don't matter. As white lives.". Not the brightest thing to say, but the last 3 words (that Psaw conveniently omitted) do contextualise it a bit. She also said “Yes, all lives matter. White lives as white do not. I was saying whiteness isn't the reason lives should matter. Lives do matter, but not because they are white. I say the same thing about my own community.

It's drawn some interesting replies:

One person replied saying she was “disgusting inside and out”, and, “if you don’t like white people, pack up your sh*t and go home. Problem solved.”

Other examples included: “...On another note, kill yourself. Else someone might show you which lives really Matter

“Why would you want to abolish whiteness anyway, we’ve given you everything you own, without us you’d still be chasing Bush meat with a blowpipe.”

One man sent her a picture of a noose and wrote: "We are coming for you you ni**er loving piece of s**t".

The world is full of discrimination. Examples. In Africa it is tribal in India it is caste and in UK it is a class system. Black people are as racist as the next person, no more no less. Some good, some bad. All lives matter equally. It is incredible that someone of any colourcan be sacked for the exact same principle that black people are espousing. ****ing grow up.

The doctor has said that the responses she has got is like a cascade of sewerage. Is her tweet not seewarage.? This is a doctor, Cambridge is one of the best Universities in the world.

Yet they are as dumb as it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems that her full tweet read "I'll say it again. White lives don't matter. As white lives.". Not the brightest thing to say, but the last 3 words (that Psaw conveniently omitted) do contextualise it a bit. She also said “Yes, all lives matter. White lives as white do not. I was saying whiteness isn't the reason lives should matter. Lives do matter, but not because they are white. I say the same thing about my own community.

It's drawn some interesting replies:

One person replied saying she was “disgusting inside and out”, and, “if you don’t like white people, pack up your sh*t and go home. Problem solved.”

Other examples included: “...On another note, kill yourself. Else someone might show you which lives really Matter

“Why would you want to abolish whiteness anyway, we’ve given you everything you own, without us you’d still be chasing Bush meat with a blowpipe.”

One man sent her a picture of a noose and wrote: "We are coming for you you ni**er loving piece of s**t".
    And that was just from some of the posters on here. Really though she shouldn't be sacked and the banner guy shouldn't be sacked, bloody hell we can't go around sacking people for what they think if they do it in their own time, on their own money and break no laws. It's getting abit silly all this he said this and she said that. The Black Lives Matter movement doesn't mean everyone not black has to get offended and think hang on we matter, they're not saying we don't.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast