+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: £900,000 to paint a plane

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Perhaps he has used it on Jacob Rees-Mogg?
    I believe the Israelis tested it on Jo Swinson, and found it worked.

Aircraft was scheduled for a maintenance check and a re-paint anyway, so any cost query should be how much EXTRA will it cost compared to just painting it air defense grey again? I strongly suspect that isn't £900k.

There is a significant danger of us knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing. An RAF Voyager painted with the Union Jack etc will bring a sense of pride to those flying in her, and many UK citizens who see her, it will also be an advert for Great Britain when seen abroad, on the news etc, and bring a greater status than a drab RAF grey one.

From this:
    Name:  RAF.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  79.1 KB

To This:
    Name:  UK Jet.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  70.0 KB

Obviously the bottom one in the picture is more attractive BUT did we get two quotes? When the audit team look at the quote are they happy?
    I know £900K is relatively minor in National terms but my uncle used to be employed to paint Hollands Pies vans,long dead but I wonder what he would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Obviously the bottom one in the picture is more attractive BUT did we get two quotes? When the audit team look at the quote are they happy?
    I know £900K is relatively minor in National terms but my uncle used to be employed to paint Hollands Pies vans,long dead but I wonder what he would have thought.
    Correctly, he would probably have thought that you could get a lot more Hollands Pies in a Voyager than you could in one of the vans he painted!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Correctly, he would probably have thought that you could get a lot more Hollands Pies in a Voyager than you could in one of the vans he painted!
    Just think if Wigan had an airport?

Attachment 16184

Is that what nearly all football fans are eating? Then you fat buggers,and the ladies too ? Then with that ale? No wonder they are making British air planes twice the size of what they used too! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Is that what nearly all football fans are eating? Then you fat buggers,and the ladies too ? Then with that ale? No wonder they are making British air planes twice the size of what they used too! :-)
    You keep munching on that bloody couscous Balan and leave us lot alone?

Attachment 16189

A French mate of mine came over to stay a couple of years ago, he wanted to see a PL game, he wanted to experience English football, so I gave him the full monty, couple of pints before the game, selfies with plod outside the ground, pie and a pint at half time, fish and chips after the game. When I went over to France a couple of months later I asked him if he had enjoyed the day, loved it, he said, brilliant day out, except for one thing, what was that I asked, that pie you made me eat at half time. I didn't really understand exactly what he said next, but I think it was French for 'WTF was that' ?

Bloody frogs eh

A mate of mine once received this phone call.

BLOKE You have won a Cup Final ticket.
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE First class travel to London
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE Overnight accommodation at a five star hotel
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE Limo to the stadium
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE Five course gourmet lunch with wine
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE Best seat in the stadium
    MATE Not interested
    BLOKE Pie and peas at half time
    MATE What sort of pies?

You see BT, all this moaning and your favourite plane was in action yesterday in seeing off the best that Putin and Co can offer.
    They obviously saw the plane and thought thatBJ was on board so they buggered off quick!
    Yesterday, Battlespace Management Operations personnel from RAF Boulmer executed their tactical air command and control function to identify a threat to the UK airspace and alerted the RAF Quick Reaction Alert Force.

The new VIP Voyager from RAF Brize Norton and two Typhoons from RAF Lossiemouth were launched to intercept Russian Aircraft, approaching the UK Flight Information Region. At no point did the Russian Aircraft enter UK Sovereign airspace.

Officer Commanding Battlespace Management Operations, Wing Commander Lisa Foy, said:

‘Security of the UK airspace is at the core of our mission. Personnel from RAF Boulmer and the wider Battlespace Management Operations team provide 24/7 surveillance of the skies and support the aircrew to respond to any threat’.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)