+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sawyers

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Very neat and tidy when Albion are in the accendancy but when has to transition to defence, very sadly lacking, he was £2M for a reason.
    If a player can chew gum for 90 mins on a football field without swallowing it then he ain’t working hard enough!
    Your final paragraph is a gem Minn.

In a 🥜 my friend perfect 👌

I don’t think Sawyers is the villain here
    The 4 fresh subs Mowbray sent on was a masterstroke. Until then our midfield were bossing the game.
    My gripe is with Harper. He was supposed to do what Livermore was doing but he was a total passenger as BBurn ran through him. Honestly everyone was raving about him last season but I watched him carefully last year and although he has good skill he lacks any fight and determination and is inconsistent between ok and hopeless. Let us down in those big games at Leeds and Shef Utd least season and he WILL do it again. Not a player for this end of the season. Compare what Leeds did today at the end of the game to Harper on Saturday. Last min of the game we had 5 in the box, he had all the time in the world to float a cross in the box under no pressure from anyone near him. Result – Goes miles over for a goal kick.
    Wanted to be a striker! , what a miss against Hull.

I would much rather Brunt came on to steady the ship in the later stages of a game, far more experienced and determined than Harper, who seem to stroll around like he’s Dimitar Berbatov, which he will never be.

Bringing Harper on was a clear mistake - he just looked off the pace and disinterested. Don’t know what’s happened to Robinson - was an asset before Lockdown...now he’s totally ineffective......sakes goes to HRK. We need experience next three games...so would have Brunty and Barry at least on the bench....probably Philips too....

Sayers to me is one of our better players. Always available for this pass,comfortable on the ball and reads the game. Needs a Dougie Fraser next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Sayers to me is one of our better players. Always available for this pass,comfortable on the ball and reads the game. Needs a Dougie Fraser next to him.
    Needs a Liz Fraser next to him flashing her t I t s to put the opposition off more like!

https://images.app.goo.gl/Kj6gBSprVZ7mhbmh6

Strolled around last night as though he was on loan from Barcelona

Better players - you on a wind up! Remember Mulumbo - he would still be as good no doubt as Sawyers now and that guy is what we miss - steel - desire - hunger - intensity - 100%.

Do you really think Brentford fans would want Sawyers back? As a cleaner perhaps for their new stadium

Agree with you on this soul but not last night he was absolutely Dog Sh*t ,

Intelligent player who keeps the ball moving well. He'd move it a lot better and a lot quicker if he played further up the pitch. It would also help if he had a more mobile front man to pick out.

The backward and sideways passing is to recycle the ball and keep possession in the hope that we can move the opposition around and start moves again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Unfortunately his off the ball game really lets him and us down. He can be very subtle denying the opposition passing angles, but all too often he lets runners go. And if he's got a tackle in him it's either in his underpants or safely hidden away. Presumably under lock and key.

I do like him and overall I'm glad we've got him but he can be very frustrating. Equally it's clear that he's often frustrated with a lack of passing options. From the current squad it should be him, Livermore and Krovinovic in a midfield three.

Grosicki and Diangana should start wide up front. Everyone knows we're lacking a genuine, reliable spearhead though. And don't get me started on spaghetti wrists in goal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)