+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many points in last 8 games?

How many points in last 8 games?

How many points will we win between this morning ( pre Wigan match) and the end of the season?
    Will it be enough for a playoff place?

Would love to be wrong but
    No

I thought we might sneak a win today
    8 points from the next 7 games.

Can see you finishing in seventh place.

Almost certainly!

10 points is all I see from the remaining games.
    We need 15 really to make the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    10 points is all I see from the remaining games.
    We need 15 really to make the play offs.
    The thing is, Robin, like most clubs in the Championship this season, we are a win one-draw one-lose one sort of team.
    Predicting individual matches, even, is very hard. I really thought we'd beat Wigan, but I suppose I should have remembered the other times in the recent past when we had bad results against them!
    I can't see more than nine points ahead, but who knows?
    Now Alf's put it in my head, I have this feeling we're going to finish seventh.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The thing is, Robin, like most clubs in the Championship this season, we are a win one-draw one-lose one sort of team.
    Predicting individual matches, even, is very hard. I really thought we'd beat Wigan, but I suppose I should have remembered the other times in the recent past when we had bad results against them!
    I can't see more than nine points ahead, but who knows?
    Now Alf's put it in my head, I have this feeling we're going to finish seventh.

I get this feeling we don't want to finish in the play-offs. That side on sat was a side not set up to go to Wigan and win.
    We get some decent results when we are at it, but its not consistent. The manager isn't motivated to get them up, the players aren't motivated and are happy to stay where they are. 2 of the last 3 games have been amongst the worst 3 performances of the season. They will get about 6-7 points from the remaining games.
    Warnock is only at Boro until the end of the season. I can see Mowbray heading back home and taking Downing with him. And Armstrong is for me the only saleable asset in the short-term and would want to go back nearer to his north east roots. I think he could leave too. Probably Travis will look to leave soon aswell, as he will want to play at a higher level. And I can see Lenihan getting a better offer.
    I'd also take Warnock for a season or 2 and see what happens.
    This is going absolutely nowhere. We could struggle next season as likely as we have a half decent season.

I do think the play-offs where always going to be a big ask for this bunch of players. There are simply better sides around than us. Cardiff (who have been nothing special at all this season) appear to have run into decent form at the right point. We may feel a little fed up, but if I was a Preston fan I'd be fuming after they have come back.
    Cardiff went to Preston will the sole focus to go win. Highly motivated, played well, had just beaten Leeds. A decent set of players. They were in the Prem while we where down in Div1 not long ago. They are much further forward than we are. Brentford are a club going somewhere, with a plan. The complete opposite of us. We are just a midtable 10-12th at best sort of side. With some ok young players coming through, and a decent manager at this level. None of our players are good enough for the Prem. The manager knows he would not be able to compete up there. While we have flirted with the play-offs this season, everytime we get close, we run into woeful form. Normally coupled with a team selection that sends out the signal of, we simply have motivation or desire to go up. The players know they wouldn't be able to compete, the club does, the manager does. We are about as good as Wigan, who spent the season struggling. which could well be us next season.
    We had a tough set of fixtures coming up, Cardiff away being one where we always get turned over. This will be no different. If we had anything about us at all, he's have played Armstrong on Sat and we would've tried to beat Wigan, who where there for the taking. He didn't.

I honestly don't think it's motivation, Champs.
    I didn't see the game live, but I watched it yesterday.
    It was one of those games, I thought, where the teams just cancelled each other out (not the first time against Wigan, recently!)
    As Mowbray said, just when we looked like we'd started to take control, they scored. Even Cook acknowledged that, which left me gobsmacked!
    To be frank, we were crying out for Dack. Somehow, neither Holtby nor Rothwell quite get things right often enough. Both look good on the ball, but there is little end-product.
    I'd still be tempted to try 4-4-2 - possibly with Samuel and Armstrong - but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I honestly don't think it's motivation, Champs.
    I didn't see the game live, but I watched it yesterday.
    It was one of those games, I thought, where the teams just cancelled each other out (not the first time against Wigan, recently!)
    As Mowbray said, just when we looked like we'd started to take control, they scored. Even Cook acknowledged that, which left me gobsmacked!
    To be frank, we were crying out for Dack. Somehow, neither Holtby nor Rothwell quite get things right often enough. Both look good on the ball, but there is little end-product.
    I'd still be tempted to try 4-4-2 - possibly with Samuel and Armstrong - but that's just me.
    Of the starting 11 on Sat, that 11 had scored just 17 goals between them all season long. So I felt keeping Armstrong on the bench meant we started without any kind of goal threat. Fair enough, for 80 mins we didn't look much like conceeding. But in no way did we look like scoring, or creating a single thing. Until Armstrong came on. For me, the game was over once Travis went off. I agree, I would try Armstrong and Samuel tonight, and play 4-4-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)