+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: O/t bbc

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    We’re off the subject at hand, so I’d like to share a bit of research I did based on a couple of incidents that happened a few weeks ago. Yes it’s bit sad that I’ve done this but Mrs F’s away so I have the time. Do you Recall that some (apparently right wing) scrote urinated on the Keith Palmer memorial? I’m sure you do, you may even remember his name. Do you also recall the turnip (apparently BLM sympathiser) who did the same on Winston Churchill’s statue? Again, you may well do, but it’s less likely. Why? Despite the ‘crimes’ being the same including in the eyes of the police, The Keith Palmer perp’s route from incident to sentencing was featured 48 times on BBC news, including his name. I can only find four references to the Churchill twit, according to BBC the whole thing just disappeared into the ether...
    Tbh, Andy, I didn’t take much notice of either and I don’t know the names of either either. They’re just side shows to what really matters imo.

More seriously...what’s your take on the situation in the more southern states of the U.S. where there are statues to Confederate Generals.
    Do you think it’s appropriate for such statues to remain in place?

Hey up lads, long time no see eh ? lol.

Dont get into a political debate with my Barnsley mate Gunt on here, or you will be on here forever.
    (soz Gunt mate, nowt personal of course, its just business eh )

Oh look, it seems BLM are having a go at the Jews now.
    Not racist!!!!

https://twitter.com/ukblm/status/127...HfHJ-j8CnS6MSE

[QUOTE=Ram59;39519563][QUOTE=ramAnag;39519493]Thanks...a direct quote for a change. This one was actually made in response to Ram59 who had agreed with mista that much of the trouble was caused by the involvement of ‘right wing fascists’.

You're being a bit misleading there, RA. Whilst, I agree that the right wing fascists were there to cause aggro with the left wing extremists, I haven't intimated that they're responsible for 'much' of the troubles.

The point that I've tried to make is that if the BLM faction hadn't rioted in the first place, would we be having all this general disturbance that we're having now?

One big difference with the leaders, is that the government ministers have condemned ALL of the rioting, whereas the left, including Starmer, have been reluctant to criticise any popular movement whether it be Liverpool fans or anyone with any link to the BLM movement.

Just because you've waited 30 years to win the league or your ancestors were enslaved 200 years ago, doesn't give you the right to break the law and attack the police officers.[/QUOTE

]
    Ram "whereas the left have been reluctant to critisies any popular movement whether it be Liverpool fans " You certainly have not been listening to Liverpool's Labour mayor than have you, he's absolutely lambasted them ,along with Manchester's Andy Burnham

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbh, Andy, I didn’t take much notice of either and I don’t know the names of either either. They’re just side shows to what really matters imo.

More seriously...what’s your take on the situation in the more southern states of the U.S. where there are statues to Confederate Generals.
    Do you think it’s appropriate for such statues to remain in place?
    In three words I say 'take em down', but confederate history is for the yanks, so I'll repeat an answer to a similar question I've been asked - regarding the street names in Glasgow's old commercial district, all of which commemorate traders or politicians who benefitted from trade made possible by slave labour, albeit they didn't own slaves themselves. On that one, I say replace their names with new, relevant to Glasgow names, but below that refer to the original name with a brief history so the change can be put in context by future generations. The problem even with that is that Glasgow itself was built on the profits from this trade, so where would it all end - pulling down historic Glasgow, disbanding the businesses that remain from those days (one of which Mrs F works for!)?

There's my honest opinion. What's your take on Tricky's comment about Lewis Hamilton's apparent double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    In three words I say 'take em down', but confederate history is for the yanks, so I'll repeat an answer to a similar question I've been asked - regarding the street names in Glasgow's old commercial district, all of which commemorate traders or politicians who benefitted from trade made possible by slave labour, albeit they didn't own slaves themselves. On that one, I say replace their names with new, relevant to Glasgow names, but below that refer to the original name with a brief history so the change can be put in context by future generations. The problem even with that is that Glasgow itself was built on the profits from this trade, so where would it all end - pulling down historic Glasgow, disbanding the businesses that remain from those days (one of which Mrs F works for!)?

There's my honest opinion. What's your take on Tricky's comment about Lewis Hamilton's apparent double standards?
    Can only agree on both the Confederate statues and the Glasgow street names which I knew nothing about.
    The same applies to the likes of Colston and Rhodes imo...interesting that there’d been plenty of talk but no action prior to the BLM involvement.

As regards Tricky’s point it seems perfectly fair. As you know I know nothing about motor sport and was complete unaware of Mercedes’ links with Jewish slavery, but it seems Lewis Hamilton - who I also know nowt about - was as badly advised as he probably was well intentioned.

"... Lewis Hamilton - who I also know nowt about - was as badly advised as he probably was well intentioned..."

This is what happens when celebrities try to jump on the bandwagon whilst lacking the intelligence or self awareness to realise the consequences of trying to get themselves in the headlines.

Better to say nothing and be thought an idiot than open your mouth and prove it

By the press pushing an agenda and causing an atmosphere of mistrust, this is a classic example of the results.

Nick Buckley was dismissed by the trustees of Mancunian Way, a ground-breaking charity he founded nine years ago, after an online mob accused him of ‘inappropriate’ and ‘insensitive’ views and demanded his removal.

Mr Buckley, who was awarded an MBE six months ago for his work with vulnerable youngsters across Manchester, warned of the ‘neo-Marxist’ policies of Black Lives Matter UK – which include tearing down capitalism and abolishing the police – and said they risked dividing communities.

But his 570-word blog sparked uproar among campaigners who branded him a racist and launched an online petition demanding that he be sacked. The 52-year-old was dismissed within days.

That man formed that charity, helped all communities. Yet had an opinion on BLM having Marxist organisers. By causing a **** storm on s0cial media, the trustees crap themselves and remove him. He had offered to make an apology, but they weren't having that.

This is exactly the sort of reaction they want. Opinion/free speech oppressed. People being fearful to say anything, for fear of repocussions. The very same powder keg surrounding the rape gangs of under age girls. SCARED TO BE LABELLLED and targetted.
    From Farage/Katie Hopkins removal, to this guy who worked his nuts off to help under privaliged.
    Think back to what happened here at those rallies. One group gets super police- no riot gear/minimal numbers/bending the knee. Another group gets full riot gear/barracaded in/police in force. Exactly who is making these decisions?

This is in no way an equal footing situation anymore. It is causing more ill feeling and not solving the root cause issues that folks want solved.
    It's gone way too political now, driven by the media. Malcolm X was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    By the press pushing an agenda and causing an atmosphere of mistrust, this is a classic example of the results.

Nick Buckley was dismissed by the trustees of Mancunian Way, a ground-breaking charity he founded nine years ago, after an online mob accused him of ‘inappropriate’ and ‘insensitive’ views and demanded his removal.

Mr Buckley, who was awarded an MBE six months ago for his work with vulnerable youngsters across Manchester, warned of the ‘neo-Marxist’ policies of Black Lives Matter UK – which include tearing down capitalism and abolishing the police – and said they risked dividing communities.

But his 570-word blog sparked uproar among campaigners who branded him a racist and launched an online petition demanding that he be sacked. The 52-year-old was dismissed within days.

That man formed that charity, helped all communities. Yet had an opinion on BLM having Marxist organisers. By causing a **** storm on s0cial media, the trustees crap themselves and remove him. He had offered to make an apology, but they weren't having that.

This is exactly the sort of reaction they want. Opinion/free speech oppressed. People being fearful to say anything, for fear of repocussions. The very same powder keg surrounding the rape gangs of under age girls. SCARED TO BE LABELLLED and targetted.
    From Farage/Katie Hopkins removal, to this guy who worked his nuts off to help under privaliged.
    Think back to what happened here at those rallies. One group gets super police- no riot gear/minimal numbers/bending the knee. Another group gets full riot gear/barracaded in/police in force. Exactly who is making these decisions?

This is in no way an equal footing situation anymore. It is causing more ill feeling and not solving the root cause issues that folks want solved.
    It's gone way too political now, driven by the media. Malcolm X was right.
    See the TTR scattergun approach is working well today.

What have we got here then? Your anti BBC thread now introduces the BLM movement, attacks on free speech, those hard done to loveable rogues...Farage and Hopkins, the police - who you targeted yourself in the early days of lockdown - and now ‘grooming gangs’.

That must be close to a Tricky ‘full house’...and apparently it’s all ‘media driven’ and the fault of the ‘press pushing an agenda’.

So, I ask again...which bit of the press is driving this attack on free speech and creating this ‘unequal footing’ and ‘atmosphere of mistrust’ you speak of...because it sure isn’t the Sun, Star, Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph, ITV, Sky or LBC is it?

I’m not much of a fan of the press either, but might it not be the case that crooked rule breaking politicians have rather more to answer for when creating an ‘atmosphere of mistrust’?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don’t think I know you quite well and I don’t dislike you although I doubt we’d agree on much.

The BNP and EDL have their roots in the old NF. I’d suggest Tommy Robinson and Co. provide the evidence you need although personally I find the more subtle and telegenic ‘right’ far more sinister.

I used the term ‘Asian’ because while 84% of grooming gangs were questionably described as ‘Asian’, they were not all Muslim.
    Well at least we both hope Barnsley beat Forest.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)