+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aston Villa matchday thread

The fact that we tended to sit of Grealish prevented him winning loads of free kicks. He does look to be their best player but I thought Luiz played well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dogead View Post
    The expected usual well measured response WCV.

You think this might finally be the season Grealish goes?
    Without a doubt - in the unlikely event we stay up he's way too good for us and deserves to be playing in a top team where he can continue to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Without a doubt - in the unlikely event we stay up he's way too good for us and deserves to be playing in a top team where he can continue to progress.
    Grealish’s hearts there no matter what happens a bit like Bully was here... though I guess he may be ushered out the door for financial reasons If you get relegated. Based on our last three games there’s nothing between you, wet spam and Bournemouth, 34 points may be enough.

True - B'mouth have a horrible run-in, WHU have more winnable games.

We just don't have a clinical finisher at Villa and with very few chances being created it puts the strikers under enormous pressure & any errors at the back are magnified a hundred fold. Grealish has 9 goals so should now stay up with either of the centre forwards in a 3-5-2 with attacking full-backs to provide the width needed to get decent balls into the onion bag.

Abbobrom - Luiz has been a standout player for us since the restart, hasn't put a foot wrong and made loads of timely challenges he would have lost a few months ago. In some respects it has taken the pressure off Grealish who for me needs to stop dropping so deep as Luiz is doing a great job back there.
    Last edited by westcountryvillain; 28-06-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Westcountryvillain, my father was a Villa supporter and I can remember going to a match with him in the late forties. The crowds outside were massive and they used Police horses to cut through the crowds to form queues. About three years ago some friends of mine from Holland ,(father and son) came over to watch a Wolves home game. Villa were playing Leeds on the Friday evening so I arranged for them to get tickets.. I picked them up from the Airport at 6.00pm and dropped them off at the ground.

The father had visited Villa Park years before to watch a Dutch team in a European Competition. Both commented about the situation of the two grounds being surrounded by houses, and loads of pictures were taken.

In many ways it is sad to see a team like Villa down at the bottom, a team that can achieve huge crowds.. You just need some luck in the remaining games.

We had a huge slice of luck against Sheff Utd and again yesterday when our keeper gave you a free hit - no complaints, we deserve to be where we are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)