+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we Sack Smith now?

I’m not saying that we will be able to acquire mega-funds from the sales, far from it. I see us taking a loss on most of them.

Next year sees Euro 20/21, Euro Nations League Finals, Copa Americas and C.A.F. Any of our players with desires on featuring in their prospective National teams, will not be playing in the EFL.

Jack, Mings, Heaton (Eng), SJM (jocks have a chance for ENL). Luiz and Wes (CA). Samatta, Marvelous, Trez and Elmo (CAF). Guilbert has a history of leaving a sinking ship. Targett and Ghastly were just wishful thinking on my behalf.

As an EFL bound team, I predict that we will not get our true valuation of the players.

Jack- 40 mil, Mings-30, SJM- 20, Heaton- 3, Luiz- 15, Wes- 10, Samatta-5, Marvellous-5, Guilbert- 5, Elmo- Free, to wherever SB is. Targett- 5 and Ghastly- 5.

A harsh reality maybe, but that should be enough for a decent coach. Even though it wasn’t enough for the present management team. As a Prem team, we’d get 80 for Jack and another 5-10 more on some of the others.

The future could be bright, the board has work to do, again. UTV.

Not sure we will have to sell apart from Jack and he will be involved in a bidding war as I can see spuds and Arsenal coming in for him.
    50 mill and Tuanzebe would be a good deal. Whatever happens, we have to start from the back and sort out that defence!

Tuanzebe - if only we'd had him and Tammy this season!

Interesting point on Wolves winning the PL in the next 3 years - I had the very same thought this morning, they remind me of Leicester.

Do any of you on here follow the Villa Analytics account on Twitter - young lad doing brilliant insights, might just give a ray of hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)