+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we Sack Smith now?

Should we Sack Smith now?

We are going down with a whimper, should we call for big Sam. 6 games left, need to win 3 of them. Never going to happen with Smith and Terry in Charge, sorry guys but todays performance is simply not good enough, just one shot on target.

Anyone got a white towel for Smith?

If we was gonna sack him n hope we get a bit of new manager syndrome when coming in we should have done it weeks ago imo, we’re down no matter who’s in charge as most these players just ain’t up to it and that’s clear where we sit in table.

More of a positive formation but then not taking chances or making em..

Just so depressing watching us lately and all it does is set you up for rest of day in a bad mood 😂

Too late for a new manager now - Smith caved into the pressure to drop the 2 wingers and play 2 up top, Davis did really well against a side where only Liverpool have lost fewer games yet he left Samatta on. The delivery into the box was for the most part woeful and when it wasn't the likes of Hause don't have the intelligence to nod it down to a teammate.

McGinn looked more like his old self and Elmo is a better option at FB than Konsa.

Davis and Samatta have 1 PL goal between them this season & Samatta hasn't looked as sharp as he did before the break so Trez or El G as a strike partner carries more threat.

Luiz very good again but we'll lose him too come the end of the season.

I think they need a short sharp shock .....Sam Aladyce, come on down.
    Smith and his coack looking like they have no worries and still in pre-season, it was embarrassing to see Terry try to mention a tactical change and just being ignored.

No point sacking the coaching team now, too late, and for who? Pint of wine Allardyce FFS? Like Boro with Warnock? No thanks. We will lose Jack, Luiz, McGinn and maybe Tyrone so it needs someone with experience of building a young exciting team in the Championship and getting us promoted. Step forward Mr Brentford Dean Smith. Provisos: get shot of Terry immediately and don't ever let Dean near the Prem again.

Aston Villa chiefs are this evening discussing the possibility of sacking Dean Smith as manager, Football Insider can reveal.

The hierarchy of the Premier League club are weighing up taking the drastic move of ending Smith’s reign to save them from relegation

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I think they need a short sharp shock .....Sam Aladyce, come on down.
    Smith and his coack looking like they have no worries and still in pre-season, it was embarrassing to see Terry try to mention a tactical change and just being ignored.
    That’s happened a few times eh the terry being ignored thing ! Pretty disrespectful tbh

Too late now Dave, Xmas was the time. We’re as good as down now. Over half of the players will be gone before next season, so a new manager won’t know who he’ll be working with in the Champs. Better let a new manager start afresh in August. He’ll have the money from the sales of; Jack, SJM, Mings, Luiz, Samatta, Heaton, Ghastly, Guilbert, Trez, Marvelous and hopefully Targett.

As for Football Insider mate? They are the most prolific click bating scoundrels online. They spew out hundreds of “exclusives” every day, full of unnamed sources or sources close to... So much BS, I don’t know how they find the time to type it all. They’re like “pin the donkeys tail”.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

If we win 3 of our last games (Liverpool may well play the same kids we beat 5-0 in the cup), Palace, Arsenal and West Ham are all winnable, we have a chance of staying up. However, DS has used the most defensive combinations of any manager this season and still doesn't know his best team. A new manager (Sean Dyche*) might come in, get a bounce and set the team up logically, and get us scoring.

*Sean Duche has experience of 2 promotions from the championship if we are relegated and has a win rate of 37% with Burnley, which is massively impressive.

Dean Smith is a championship manager, who may well be the best person to get us up again next year, but then what? I don't want to be a yoyo club.

Jack has already left, judging by his performances, and the fact he has reportedly told friends he has found a house in the North West.

Luiz is our best player, and I was saying that before, when there were a lot of doubters about him.

Suso needs to go too but for me the problem lies with the coaching staff. The last thing I want to happen is for DS to be sacked with JT being appointed and us not having a bloody clue for the remaining games, being useless at the back and having a die hard Chelsea fan as our manager in the championship.

Get Sean Dyche

I think its a good job, there are no supporters in the ground, Smith may have had the treatment by now? It just may save his job. The one thing about a new man coming in is that there will not be enough time to prepare for the new season. Its looking like the Championship now so, we may as well prepare for that, im not sure we will lose the amount of players stated by ExV, Jack is the only one demanding a high fee and that will drop.
    Even if and when we drop, I think we are stuck with the likes of:Guilbert, Nyland,Targett, Hause, Konsa, (Dread) but they will be better for their 1 season prem experience. Jacks Gone, Mings will go for sure, Citeh may come back for Luiz but not sure on SJM, Wesley or Samatta.
    The club will have parachute payment plus 100 million from sales, wealthy owners so a semi rebuild is not a problem. Lets face it were not very good and for all the idiots that will flood this board with childish insults, im not bothered.
    Newcastle went down came up and straight back down but were better for it. The promotion via the playoffs was great, a breath of fresh air after all the doom but all too sudden, we got lucky and that is evident now. Yesterday we saw the model...Wolves, they got rid of their dinosaur in Lambert! Got a name is, somehow attracted CL standard players avoiding FFP and build a bloody good team that was too good for the championship, the same team with enhancements took to the prem like a duck to water.i'm Afraid thats what we have got to do or very similar.
    Ps, can see wolves in the CL and winning the Prem within the next 3 years! Good luck to them.
    I say that with envy but its time to face facts, take it on the chin, get ready to dust down and go again.....thats football and unless you are Liverpool, no football fan has a lot to brag about at the minute as the game is a farce!
    I would rather face facts that just hope but never stop dreaming.
    UTV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)