+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Points to End a Tough Week

"Hapless and under-staffed; whilst the backsides of Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling rested on City’s bench; Burnley’s consisted of two goalkeepers, a bunch of untried youngsters and the ever-reliable Kevin Long"

....and on the field we had - what would ordinarily be considered a fairly strong showing - Pope - Tark - Mee - Lowton - Taylor - Westwood - Cork - McNeil - J Rod and....and Vydra - same team (inc Brownhill) that played against and beat...Watford, where we had nine subs...seven at City, minus Bardsley and Goodridge - So if we were going to give up on the game before it started, then why not just throw on the Subs - give them a run out, they couldn't have done any worse, may have managed a shot on goal even - and saved the rest the embarrassment.....which, lucky for them - was drowned out by the disruption of gnat that made itself big by misrepresenting itself by 80 thousand plus - the arrogance of it !

Cheers Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just an observation, but there seems to be a neat little lefty trick in play here, which they also used quite advantageously in the recent Brexit debate. In that debate they appropriated the word Europe and used it to mean the European Union. Amazingly it worked, numerous people actually seemed to believe that we were actually leaving Europe, they seemed genuinely distraught about it, maybe they imagined we would become detached and float out into the middle of the Atlantic. Anyone who preferred to be governed by our own elected representatives in Westminster instead of by a corrupt, un-elected bureaucracy in Brussels was stigmatised as anti-European, while being nothing of the sort. And it worked, it was a very effective strategy, even if totally dishonest.

And now a similar dishonest strategy is being employed again. That black lives matter goes without saying, for every normal, decent, civilised person anyway, there is simply no dispute about it. But an extreme left, racist, Marxist organisation has appropriated the slogan to garner support for and to further their own political agenda. They want to dismantle capitalism, abolish the police, close prisons and eradicate the concept of the nuclear family (that's two parents and their children to me and you). These people are fruitcakes, they claim our borders are enforced by extreme violence, that climate change is racism, that Covid 19 is racist, they even criticise the Suffragettes saying they were working to advance White Power.

Their aim is to stir up racial tension and division in a country that has gone a long way towards eradicating it in the last 20/30 years, they trample all over Martin Luther King's dream "that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." BLM are not interested in judging character, they are interested only in the colour of your skin, and if it's white, better get on your knees.

Like conflating the EU with Europe, conflating the fact that black lives matter with BLM, an extreme left, racist organisation, is also a neat trick, and also seems to have worked, so far. But given the fact that so many people who you would otherwise think of as sensible and intelligent have fallen for it, it's a bloody dangerous one.
    Superb analysis and I am not buying into their bullsh-it either sinkov!

"But at the moment they are not. And it's not just black people who are not being treated equally, although they are a good example."

In what respect are black people not being treated equally 59 ?
    I want to spend a few hundred thousand quid on a new Bentley, but the Child Bride says I'm not "equal" enough...

Attachment 16179

"But at the moment they are not. And it's not just black people who are not being treated equally, although they are a good example."

In what respect are black people not being treated equally 59 ?
    That question worries me Mon Ami. It implies that you think that they are being treated evenhandedly and should just accept it and move on? Or they should "know their place"?

Some evidence here from that lefty rag the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...itish-society/

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    That question worries me Mon Ami. It implies that you think that they are being treated evenhandedly and should just accept it and move on? Or they should "know their place"?

Some evidence here from that lefty rag the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...itish-society/
    There you go again 59, assuming you can read my mind. I asked you a simple question, in what way are black people not being treated equally, I'm not interested in what the Telegraph, or any other media organisation says, I would like to know from you, in your own words, in what way you consider black people are not being treated equally.

"I don't accept much of that Mon Ami,"

I thought most of my Post 7 was factual 59, so I'm intrigued, which parts are incorrect, which parts do you not accept ?

There you go again 59, assuming you can read my mind. I asked you a simple question, in what way are black people not being treated equally, I'm not interested in what the Telegraph, or any other media organisation says, I would like to know from you, in your own words, in what way you consider black people are not being treated equally.
    Well, if you are not interested in what the Telegraph, or any other media organisation says, then how do you gather information in order to have a view on things?
    All the information I have read, from multiple sources, paints a similar picture to the Telegraph one.
    You can choose to ignore facts, or claim that there is a massive agenda being run, which includes the media, Government and other bodies, but in my opinion the weigh of evidence is overwhelming that certain groups of society, including black people, are not treated the same as others.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be arguing that the black population IS being treated equally and that all the data that we read is inaccurate? That the black population should accept your view and reconcile themselves to the fact that this is how things are in Britain and you they should be content to accept it.

Easy for us to say, being white males, eh?

Just an observation, but there seems to be a neat little lefty trick in play here, which they also used quite advantageously in the recent Brexit debate. In that debate they appropriated the word Europe and used it to mean the European Union. Amazingly it worked, numerous people actually seemed to believe that we were actually leaving Europe, they seemed genuinely distraught about it, maybe they imagined we would become detached and float out into the middle of the Atlantic. Anyone who preferred to be governed by our own elected representatives in Westminster instead of by a corrupt, un-elected bureaucracy in Brussels was stigmatised as anti-European, while being nothing of the sort. And it worked, it was a very effective strategy, even if totally dishonest.

And now a similar dishonest strategy is being employed again. That black lives matter goes without saying, for every normal, decent, civilised person anyway, there is simply no dispute about it. But an extreme left, racist, Marxist organisation has appropriated the slogan to garner support for and to further their own political agenda. They want to dismantle capitalism, abolish the police, close prisons and eradicate the concept of the nuclear family (that's two parents and their children to me and you). These people are fruitcakes, they claim our borders are enforced by extreme violence, that climate change is racism, that Covid 19 is racist, they even criticise the Suffragettes saying they were working to advance White Power.

Their aim is to stir up racial tension and division in a country that has gone a long way towards eradicating it in the last 20/30 years, they trample all over Martin Luther King's dream "that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." BLM are not interested in judging character, they are interested only in the colour of your skin, and if it's white, better get on your knees.

Like conflating the EU with Europe, conflating the fact that black lives matter with BLM, an extreme left, racist organisation, is also a neat trick, and also seems to have worked, so far. But given the fact that so many people who you would otherwise think of as sensible and intelligent have fallen for it, it's a bloody dangerous one.
    I don't accept for one minute that "the left" were trying to con the voters into believing that if we voted Leave, then the UK would leave the continent of Europe for a start.
    As you can imagine, I have spent hours chatting to people over the last four years about Brexit and I never met a single person who thought this was the case. You are not giving the general public enough credit for having enough intelligence to understand this.
    Yes, people on both sides argument used the term "leaving Europe" simply as a contraction, we do similar stuff in all kinds of ways. We call the FA Premier League "the Prem" for instance.

But I agree that BLM UK (2016) is a pretty unsavory organisation which does the recent BLM movement harm.

The overwhelming majority of people protest peacefully and feel the need to make their thoughts heard in an acceptable way. The fact that a small minority of others, with a different agenda, use this issue as a mechanism for their aims is regrettable.

But I think the majority of people recognise this.

59_60 ----I think that your observation that the general public have enough intelligence to understand things is very misguided.I used to think this way myself, however, over the past ten to fif**** years I have totally changed my mind about this.

Much of the general public has lost the ability to think for themselves and they just follow agnedas which are being pushed, mainly by all aspects of the media but also through these organisations such as BLM which suddenly become the 'in' thing and gather support, not because of their objective, but rather because so many members of the public do not want to be 'outed' as the ones not supporting the cause.

The herd menatlity is alive and sick in the UK as has been seen by lots of things relating to Brexit, as sinkov pointed out, now BLM and whatever comes next. No leadership, with both the government and the opposition showng absolutely nothing to think that we may even make any progress with anything these days, you have to ask yourself just where and when we will get out of the mess.

I won't go down the 'common sense' path because that left the country even more years ago! The majority of people don't even recognise that!

If there is "Institutional Racism" then that's interesting as over the last 40 years the cultural Marxists have taken over the institutions such Civil Service, Education even policing with their "Common Purpose" Training turning senior officers into activists. Given the Left now controls much of civil Society if systemic institutional racism is a real issue then the Left are to blame for this; perhaps this is why there is so much anti -Semitic behaviour on the left as the root of that is racism?? Just saying its kind of interesting a bit like why Hispanic slavery is not covered much by left groups.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)