+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Three Points to End a Tough Week

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, I'd suggest that you stick to things that you actually know stuff about. You are beginning to show yourself up

Trouble is, most people on here agree with you!

I know that you don't read statistics, you rely on your personal experience, but here is the ethnic breakdown of police officers over the recent past.

In 2019 there were,,,

93.1% White
    1.2% Black
    2.9% Asian

I am really beginning to question your true beliefs....

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....olice-officers
    Mind reading again 59, there must be a future for you in the Theatre, if they ever open again, except that you're not very good at it.

You really are getting yourself tangled up, you seem to be in denial about the fact that BAMEs are given preferential treatment when applying to join the Police or Fire Service, they are, it's a fact, it's easily confirmed. Perhaps it's the fact that this policy hasn't been particularly successful that's confusing you, because a policy has met with little success doesn't mean it doesn't exist, do I really have to point this out to you ? And that policy means that white applicants are not being treated equally, which is where we came in, with you claiming it was Black people not being treated equally.

As for sticking to what I know about, that's what I'm doing, in the Fire Service I was actually involved in trying to encourage the Asian community in the Nelson area to apply to join the Fire Service, I know the reasons they gave for not wanting to, Asian parents told me to my face why they might not want their sons to join, and why their daughters most certainly wouldn't be applying. What do you know about it residing in Morecambe, except what woke lefty hacks are telling you on the BBC and Grauniad ? Feck all would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The entire BLM organisation is a mass of contradictions BT, and lies, and racism.
    Good god Sinkov you could be my brother from another mother , your banging your head against a drum mate I’ve given up
    Trying , it’s like being at school when all the kids just keep
    Shouting over the top of you.

59 wont be happy until BLM have everything they want , crime , racism , looting , no police on the streets - they called me racist when I suggested the reason for black persecution was in facts and figures which clearly showed they were more responsible for gang , drug , robbery , stabbing s , rape in our country.

That doesn’t exclude the white man ( there are bad white people too- Just for balance).

I have my view s though and I think I’ll stick
    With them even if they call me racist ( I’m clearly not ).

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Good god Sinkov you could be my brother from another mother , your banging your head against a drum mate I’ve given up
    Trying , it’s like being at school when all the kids just keep
    Shouting over the top of you.

59 wont be happy until BLM have everything they want , crime , racism , looting , no police on the streets - they called me racist when I suggested the reason for black persecution was in facts and figures which clearly showed they were more responsible for gang , drug , robbery , stabbing s , rape in our country.

That doesn’t exclude the white man ( there are bad white people too- Just for balance).

I have my view s though and I think I’ll stick
    With them even if they call me racist ( I’m clearly not ).
    army---it has taken time, however, the FA and PL have now realised the true aims of the BLM organisation and are now distancing themselves. The problem is that they have attracted lots of donations over the last few weeks from lots of people who just follow the herd mentality, sadly an ever growing group these days.

Add to that the fact that the media are driving things --as usual ----and this means that some don't want to be the odd one out by doing what we have done ---thinking for ourselves and sorting out just what this organisation is striving for.
    I am talking generally now rather than about anyone who posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    army---it has taken time, however, the FA and PL have now realised the true aims of the BLM organisation and are now distancing themselves. The problem is that they have attracted lots of donations over the last few weeks from lots of people who just follow the herd mentality, sadly an ever growing group these days.

Add to that the fact that the media are driving things --as usual ----and this means that some don't want to be the odd one out by doing what we have done ---thinking for ourselves and sorting out just what this organisation is striving for.
    Exactly sub , I’m all for equality but people really can’t think and see what’s happening here it’s political was at the start and still is , I’m beggining to wander what it will be like for my grand kids this could be forced so far one way that we white Christians have minor opportunities in our own country.

The way it’s going well all be racist bigots , the outstanding thing in all of this for me is that the generation of kids now I would say are the most tolerant of race colour culture than any from the last 50 years and that should be the building block going forward all that happened is that never got mentioned and we went back to so called oppressed blacks and the slave trade from many years ago.

Who is going to be the first player or team not to bend the knee? We'd get slaughtered if it was us.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Who is going to be the first player or team not to bend the knee? We'd get slaughtered if it was us.
    That was only done for the first round of games after lockdown Barrie?

That was only done for the first round of games after lockdown Barrie?
    No it wasn't! We have done it three times last week.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Exactly sub , I’m all for equality but people really can’t think and see what’s happening here it’s political was at the start and still is , I’m beggining to wander what it will be like for my grand kids this could be forced so far one way that we white Christians have minor opportunities in our own country.

The way it’s going well all be racist bigots , the outstanding thing in all of this for me is that the generation of kids now I would say are the most tolerant of race colour culture than any from the last 50 years and that should be the building block going forward all that happened is that never got mentioned and we went back to so called oppressed blacks and the slave trade from many years ago.
    army --your last paragraph is a good point because I have three grandchildren, aged 25, 18 and 15, and their attitude as far as race is concerned is absolutely brilliant, all helped by having parents in working in the NHS and also in the RAF and grandparents that are also from similar backgrounds. Their attitude is fantastic and they are not afraid to express their views, in fact, I have been reprimanded a few times for things that I have said in a jocular fashion!

They think for themselves and, if in doubt, they seek advice from their parents who help them in every way possible. They are the way forward and they have lots of friends from different races and social backgrounds and it matters not one jot!
    A lot of older and bigoted people could learn al ot from these young people, however, there will still be those, a number of students included, who will campaign for statues of Rhodes to be removed, even though they are in University because of grants which have been from the Rhodes Scholarship. Crazy world!

No it wasn't! We have done it three times last week.
    Sorry super, I never noticed. It must have been the BLM written on the shirts, instead of players names, that were just for the first round of matches.

Sorry super, I never noticed. It must have been the BLM written on the shirts, instead of players names, that were just for the first round of matches.
    Sorry, but the BLM is still on the shirts as well but only on the arm. The players' names are on the back of the shirts now and you are correct that BLM was only on the back for the one game.
    The knee was bent at all games this evening, although I thought that I noticed that a couple of players did not follow the protocol ---mind you ---I could not be 100% sure about that. Life goes on!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)