Okay, never give up I hear you say well yes obviously and we can always dream of 3 wins on the bounce but realistically, are the board now sitting down with Smith to discuss who will be left to work with when the inevitable happens? Better we plan than not as there are just 5 weeks between old and new.
Out should go Suso, Terry gone will be expected, Jack, Mings, Luiz but going down and putting out a team as Heaton, Guilbert, Konsa, Engels, Targett, Hause McGinn, Hourihane, Nakamba, Wesley, Alghazi, Samatta, Barrie is good enough to start with, obviously 3 or 4 better quality signing and off we go. In stark contrast the biggest nighmare for the owners would actuall staying up. Jack, Mings and Luiz would probably still go so, all the players I have mentioned would need replacing because, as we now know, we are simply not Premiership standard, that would mean building a whole new team from top to bottom. We would be in exactly the same situation or even worse than this season?? Think about it, can we get new staff and a team in 5 weeks....no. so in my opinion, I think planning for the championship in a 5 year plan might just be the best opton.

Thoughts!