+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for FA to ratify

Waiting for FA to ratify

No news regarding the FA ratifying the National League’s PPG decision.

Promotions & playoffs can’t happen until the FA Council vote to support the League’s resolution.

The situation’s a bit problematic given that clubs are now spending significant money preparing for playoffs.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...27597096325121

This is just nuts. Why do a bunch of old farts get to decide this, they really are not fit for purpose. Someone go and tell them how Zoom works.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    No news regarding the FA ratifying the National League’s PPG decision.

Promotions & playoffs can’t happen until the FA Council vote to support the League’s resolution.

The situation’s a bit problematic given that clubs are now spending significant money preparing for playoffs.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...27597096325121
    Yep, I’m really keen to get a play off preview done on the website but have been holding off for the ratification. It really does make you wonder what planet these people are on!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep, I’m really keen to get a play off preview done on the website but have been holding off for the ratification. It really does make you wonder what planet these people are on!
    Changed the league table on my site to PPG order yesterday as the NL website has already done it. I've had to do numerous patches though as I'd programmed everything to recognise the end of a season as being 30th June and the start of a new one as 1st July. I suspect a lot of software and websites related to football are keeping programmers busy at the moment.

It's not even certain that the play-off winners will be promoted!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1887607/20...ffs-promotion/

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    This is just nuts. Why do a bunch of old farts get to decide this, they really are not fit for purpose. Someone go and tell them how Zoom works.
    I've said it before, but one of the rare times I agreed with Robert Maxwell was when he called the football authorities a bunch of incompetent buffoons. The biggest irony is when they have the sheer brass neck and temerity to charge others with "bringing the game into disrepute". Nobody - nobody - has done more to damage football over the years than FIFA and all of the national football administrators below them.
    Last edited by jackal2; 28-06-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    It’s a complete and utter farce.

We live in an age where we have vast intelligent technology at our disposal and yet these prehistorically ran organisations still continue to run at a speed akin to the technological level of a carrier pigeon with a broken wing.

How after the national league teams make a decision the next day they can’t have their meeting via telephone conference call, video conference or email correspondence is utterly incomprehensible.

No doubt they have strict archaic time periods and set meeting days that nothing is allowed to upset the cosy order of things.

Why is it so difficult to just get on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    It's not even certain that the play-off winners will be promoted!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1887607/20...ffs-promotion/
    This will be a load of bull the NL teams have pretty much had the nod that play offs and promotion will happen otherwise why would the clubs be training, testing and taking staff off furlough.

It’s painfully slow but probably waiting on venue for the finals and when tv can fit them in.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    This will be a load of bull the NL teams have pretty much had the nod that play offs and promotion will happen otherwise why would the clubs be training, testing and taking staff off furlough.

It’s painfully slow but probably waiting on venue for the finals and when tv can fit them in.
    I think it is all to do with the discussion on here about EFL not being willing to relegate anyone to a league without the guarantee that the league will commence.

This is such a farce now.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I think it is all to do with the discussion on here about EFL not being willing to relegate anyone to a league without the guarantee that the league will commence.

This is such a farce now.
    I wouldn't worry there will be a NL next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast