+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Play offs a real possibility....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think the fates are conspiring against us. Losing Lawrence for 3 games and now the Wisdom incident on top of Marriott missing the rest of the season, we have too many key players missing for a number of difficult games.
    Completely agree, although the ‘Wisdom incident’ adds a different perspective. Most important thing is that he’s okay. What a horrible season!

.... or, this might pull the rest of the squad even closer and make what seems a tight knit group even tighter and, potentially, stronger.

Get well soon Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Ah but we'll have Lawro back. Banned for PNE, Trees and WBA, back for Brentford.... sent off in that as well, 4 match ban. Misses Caerdydd, DYS, Brum and the one legged semi and comes back fresh for Wembley against the Red Dogs where he scores 3 and make 4 assists............ NOT.

34 appearances this season. 12 yellows (I thought it was 13) and 2 reds (neither as a result of a 2nd yellow) says all we need to know about his self discipline, or lack thereof. If he had stopped seeing the shrink/psychologist, he needs to start those sessions up again. Joy to watch when he's "on it", hugely frustrating when he's not and, this season and last, that's been for much of the time.
    MA it's not like you to criticise Lawrence ,usually it's only me . Just admit he's done ok since Drinkgate but it genuinely never bothers me if he doesn't play . Because let's be honest you never know what player is going to turn up . Had a smile on Sat when Rooney roasted him over his passing . I'm a lot more concerned about Wisdom missing than Lawrence .Only Davies for it now and no way can he play Wed and Sat

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA it's not like you to criticise Lawrence ,usually it's only me . Just admit he's done ok since Drinkgate but it genuinely never bothers me if he doesn't play . Because let's be honest you never know what player is going to turn up . Had a smile on Sat when Rooney roasted him over his passing . I'm a lot more concerned about Wisdom missing than Lawrence .Only Davies for it now and no way can he play Wed and Sat
    Last few games before lockdown, he was the Lawro we all want to see, week in and week out. Almost unplayable and doing his defensive work well. Putting in tackles but not giving fouls away................ then we had lockdown and now it seems we have Mr Petulance back.

It's a shame because the pre lockdown Lawro was on a roll. I wouldn't mind that Lawro back............. but, following Cocu's comments after the red, the lad might be on his way. Cocu and the staff have put a lot of time and effort into the lad.............. is this the repayment?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Last few games before lockdown, he was the Lawro we all want to see, week in and week out. Almost unplayable and doing his defensive work well. Putting in tackles but not giving fouls away................ then we had lockdown and now it seems we have Mr Petulance back.

It's a shame because the pre lockdown Lawro was on a roll. I wouldn't mind that Lawro back............. but, following Cocu's comments after the red, the lad might be on his way. Cocu and the staff have put a lot of time and effort into the lad.............. is this the repayment?
    Yes his talent has never been in doubt But to get involved like that after the final whistle I unforgivable really Not just the staff go have put a lot of time in with him The fans have also they have seen him no show match after match, cup his ears at them , drink gate Any other owner than Mel and he would have been out a long time ago Prsonally he can go for me I could rather the kids play for the remaining games . Our seasons over anyway

Agree 100% that we will miss wisdom more,but don't think we should give up on Lawrence yet. If Wisdom is out just 2 days (physically at least) then Davies could play one game and either Forsyth of Evans will have to fill in unless there is anyone in the junior ranks? Maybe Huddlestone at a pinch? This is where we would need Bielek. We have a dearth of unavailable central defenders, especially if Clark goes back to Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Agree 100% that we will miss wisdom more,but don't think we should give up on Lawrence yet. If Wisdom is out just 2 days (physically at least) then Davies could play one game and either Forsyth of Evans will have to fill in unless there is anyone in the junior ranks? Maybe Huddlestone at a pinch? This is where we would need Bielek. We have a dearth of unavailable central defenders, especially if Clark goes back to Brighton
    Huddlestone is no longer our player after today and only a few younger players came back for 'pre' season training, I'm not sure that any central defenders were amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Geoff no young central defenders Wassall if we're desperate but not sure the U23 have been training . Forsyth can play there ok but only the left But Clark also can only play in the left Evans had no game time for months . Have you still got your boots sure Mel would send a taxi 🚕 to Surrey for you

more a full back than a central defender here. Id suggest yourself or rA, but both of you are very much left sided. Tricky would be ok on the right, but hed just score own goals. So we are well and truly ****ed then

Helpful results tonight any road up

Millwall 1 Swansea 1
    Cardif 0 Charlton 0
    Barnsley 2 Blackburn 0

A win at PNE tomorrow puts us 7th and just 1 point behind Cardiff. Winning there won't be easy but at least we are in with a shout.

Since the restart we've had to keep winning and have the competition drop points. So far, so good.

Will it continue? No idea but all we can do is keep winning and go for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)