+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formation - last 6 games.

Formation - last 6 games.

Right - Smith hasn't sorted this out in 32 games, Konsa's not a RB, our top scorer is Jack and with Luiz playing so well he (JG) should now spend his time as a strike partner. McGinn has a good half in him and Elmo can cross a ball, Targett is rated by some for his attacking work but the system needs to be right. So for me our best chance of nicking a couple of wins:

3-5-2

Konsa/Mings/Hause
    Elmo/McGinn/Luiz/Nakamba (preferred to Conor against top sides where we don't have the ball)/Targett
    Grealish/Davis

Guillbert comes in for Elmo when he's fit and we then have a 4-4-2 option which defensively protects the flanks:

Elmo/Konsa/Mings/Taylor
    Guillbert/McGinn/Luiz/Targett
    Grealish/Davis

What say you?

Bang on WCV, I like both formations and personnel. Targett can’t defend but attacks well, same with Guilbert. I totally agree regarding CH, as I feel that he embarrasses himself against good players.

3-5-2 against the stronger, more athletic midfields who leave 1 up top, 4-4-2 against the rest.

There may be hope yet.

..................Riena

.......Konsa Engels Mings

Elmo Mcginn Luiz Targett

...............Grealish

.........Davies.......Samatta

After 98 views I could see the tumbleweed, saved my bacon there fellas

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    After 98 views I could see the tumbleweed, saved my bacon there fellas
    I wouldn’t worry about Tumbleweed mate. Every time I submit a thread, a Cowboy struts through my screen, covered in the stuff. I get covered in dust, to the soundtrack of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Now I know I’m good, so I’ll leave it to you and Dave to fight it out for the bad and the ugly .

Quick quick, i'm Bad😎

Love you too lads

That made me laugh - thanks for the giggle, guys.

How you doing Win? Still sane in this strange old time?

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    How you doing Win? Still sane in this strange old time?
    What d'ya mean ‘STILL’ WCV? Winnie is away with the fairies mate. She was born under a toadstool, don’t you know?

Wouldn’t want Winnie any other way though. Veggie munching fruitbat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)