+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Formation - last 6 games.

Is that a bit harsh?😳

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Is that a bit harsh?��
    Not at all mate, Winnie and I have been joking about each other's lifestyle choices for years. Well, Winnie tries to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'm rumoured to be a salad dodger, allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Not at all mate, Winnie and I have been joking about each other's lifestyle choices for years. Well, Winnie tries to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'm rumoured to be a salad dodger, allegedly.
    The key word in the above post being "tries", TD. Sighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    What d'ya mean ‘STILL’ WCV? Winnie is away with the fairies mate. She was born under a toadstool, don’t you know?

Wouldn’t want Winnie any other way though. Veggie munching fruitbat.
    My days are like a midsummer night's dream, you cheeky Stella drinking leprechaun. Flies off sprinkling cheeky Stella drinking leprechaun with carrot dust.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    How you doing Win? Still sane in this strange old time?
    Sadly, Exiled's spot on, Westy. Giggles.

Well, I'm as sane as a veggie munching fruit bat fairy born under a toadstool can be in a pandemic. Seriously, I'm doing okay, thank you, Westy. It's weird how used to the new way of life I've got, but it's been nice having the extra time to catch up with old friends and family albeit in a long distance, no contact way ... Slightly concerned about the bars re-opening at the weekend and whether people will remember to/care about social distancing after a pint or two, and hoping it doesn't cause a spike. So many difficult calls to make at the moment ... Good to see the footy back though, despite the results! How are you doing in the west country?
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-07-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Sounds like lockdown life is suiting you Winnie - we're all ok here in the Westcountry, I do think we will get a 2nd peak in about 4 weeks with the pubs opening up. It's all fine in rural backwaters but city centres will be carnage I'm sure - lockdown mkII and the race is on to find a vaccine. It's so easy to become complacent.

Glad you and yours all ok, Westy. Obviously, I long for my previously taken for granted freedoms like everyone else, but at the same time, having had 2 friends who have tragically lost a parent each to this awful virus, I am acutely aware of, and grateful for, how lucky I have been, so far ... and am determined to make the most of it. I think being "away with the fairies" as Exiled would say, means I'm quite happy to day dream, so have not been finding the days a drag, like many have. Yes, I'm fully expecting another spike and lockdown too, unfortunately. As well as the alcohol, they say that fear only motivates for so long, and I worry people think that the easing of restrictions means the virus has gone away/it's now safe ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-07-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Mmmmm, social distancing is almost frowned upon over here. Masks are for Halloween or robbing Banks and personal space? Don’t get me started.

They’re a very social breed, the Irish. Outside of Dublin is like one big village, and everyone’s business is everyone else’s. They can’t walk past a stranger without stopping for an in the face chat. But if they know the person on the till (which they invariably do), and you’re behind them in the queue, get the flask out.

Pubs selling food for a minimal of 9 euro, Restaurants and Hotels serving food are open. It’ll be carnage on the 20th when the rest of the pubs open. Oh, and you're only allowed to stay for 90 odd mins (as if). I’ll have to wait for a vaccine before I enter a pub unless I try the beer garden route. And you think that you get rain over there?

Hairdresser are “open”. It’s been like prohibition with the Hairdressers in Town, with the back-door haircuts. The one that I “used” to go to is now “officially” open, but she isn’t wearing a mask or any social distancing between the chatting potential victims.

There are no rules really over here, just loose guidelines to chat about.

Stay safe.

Your post made me smile, Exiled. My dad's partner's home town is Wicklow, and she always says she has to allow five times as long to get anywhere when she goes home for that very reason I don't have health issues, but I'll be staying away from the pubs for a while - I just can't see people complying after a few drinks ...

Co Wicklow?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)