Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: If

  1. #21
    agreed, think we will be ok if we go up also.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,420
    Really hope you are right chaps. Where Norwich and Villa are sitting at present does concern me a little about whether this squad is adequate. But....then again, Sheffield are doing okay.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    typical, on the cusp of promotion back to the promised land and we are arguing amongst ourselves.

    IF we go up, and IF Beilsa stays, he will have his own ideas about what we need, and i dont expect that to include any ex/Leeds castoffs and hasbeens.
    Expect most of em to be completely off the layman's radar.
    I dont think you could label Cook as either a cast off or a has been?

    And what of Augustin? Not exactly a has-been, more a never-was, but looks like being a "will be"!
    Last edited by WTF11; 29-06-2020 at 08:34 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Really hope you are right chaps. Where Norwich and Villa are sitting at present does concern me a little about whether this squad is adequate. But....then again, Sheffield are doing okay.
    Our squad is not adequate for the PL, and if we came up against Blades as we are, we'd get a new one ripped.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Would not surprise me if we have already done our transfer business, I.e. converting loans to permanent signings. I can definitely see a quiet transfer window with maybe 1 or 2 new loanees coming in.
    If we are promoted I hope you are decidely wrong. The squad we have will come straight back down if left without re-inforcements. Not saying we have to bring in a shed-load, just some strategic strengthening and building resiliience in a squad that will need to be rotated (if Bielsa will allow!)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If we are promoted I hope you are decidely wrong. The squad we have will come straight back down if left without re-inforcements. Not saying we have to bring in a shed-load, just some strategic strengthening and building resiliience in a squad that will need to be rotated (if Bielsa will allow!)
    even if we sign the current loan players we probably need 4 or 5 more and then need to hope the youngsters develop enough to step up. Gotts, Stevens, Davies, Mcalmont and Shacks could all turn into good players.

    think we need at least 2 up front coming in and Phil Hay was saying over the last few days we are going to send JFA back tomorrow so that will be an interesting one.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,420
    One player Bielsa surely won't be contemplating is Bambi. He couldn't possibly, if he can't even put away chances in this league. I will be totally honest here. I will never question the bloke's effort if nothing else. He runs for just about everything....and chases more in defense than most front men I have seen! But he simply cant net the chances often enough. Really should be a mile in front as top scorer in the league with the chances this side has provided for him.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    even if we sign the current loan players we probably need 4 or 5 more and then need to hope the youngsters develop enough to step up. Gotts, Stevens, Davies, Mcalmont and Shacks could all turn into good players.

    think we need at least 2 up front coming in and Phil Hay was saying over the last few days we are going to send JFA back tomorrow so that will be an interesting one.
    Not sure we can send him back, there's a contract in place (unfortunately)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure we can send him back, there's a contract in place (unfortunately)
    Maybe they can void it if he hasn't played a minimum amount of games by a cutoff date??? Clutching at straws...but you never know with contracts these days.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Maybe they can void it if he hasn't played a minimum amount of games by a cutoff date??? Clutching at straws...but you never know with contracts these days.
    Let's hope so!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •