+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If

agreed, think we will be ok if we go up also.

Really hope you are right chaps. Where Norwich and Villa are sitting at present does concern me a little about whether this squad is adequate. But....then again, Sheffield are doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    typical, on the cusp of promotion back to the promised land and we are arguing amongst ourselves.

IF we go up, and IF Beilsa stays, he will have his own ideas about what we need, and i dont expect that to include any ex/Leeds castoffs and hasbeens.
    Expect most of em to be completely off the layman's radar.
    I dont think you could label Cook as either a cast off or a has been?

And what of Augustin? Not exactly a has-been, more a never-was, but looks like being a "will be"!
    Last edited by WTF11; 29-06-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Really hope you are right chaps. Where Norwich and Villa are sitting at present does concern me a little about whether this squad is adequate. But....then again, Sheffield are doing okay.
    Our squad is not adequate for the PL, and if we came up against Blades as we are, we'd get a new one ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Would not surprise me if we have already done our transfer business, I.e. converting loans to permanent signings. I can definitely see a quiet transfer window with maybe 1 or 2 new loanees coming in.
    If we are promoted I hope you are decidely wrong. The squad we have will come straight back down if left without re-inforcements. Not saying we have to bring in a shed-load, just some strategic strengthening and building resiliience in a squad that will need to be rotated (if Bielsa will allow!)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If we are promoted I hope you are decidely wrong. The squad we have will come straight back down if left without re-inforcements. Not saying we have to bring in a shed-load, just some strategic strengthening and building resiliience in a squad that will need to be rotated (if Bielsa will allow!)
    even if we sign the current loan players we probably need 4 or 5 more and then need to hope the youngsters develop enough to step up. Gotts, Stevens, Davies, Mcalmont and Shacks could all turn into good players.

think we need at least 2 up front coming in and Phil Hay was saying over the last few days we are going to send JFA back tomorrow so that will be an interesting one.

One player Bielsa surely won't be contemplating is Bambi. He couldn't possibly, if he can't even put away chances in this league. I will be totally honest here. I will never question the bloke's effort if nothing else. He runs for just about everything....and chases more in defense than most front men I have seen! But he simply cant net the chances often enough. Really should be a mile in front as top scorer in the league with the chances this side has provided for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    even if we sign the current loan players we probably need 4 or 5 more and then need to hope the youngsters develop enough to step up. Gotts, Stevens, Davies, Mcalmont and Shacks could all turn into good players.

think we need at least 2 up front coming in and Phil Hay was saying over the last few days we are going to send JFA back tomorrow so that will be an interesting one.
    Not sure we can send him back, there's a contract in place (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure we can send him back, there's a contract in place (unfortunately)
    Maybe they can void it if he hasn't played a minimum amount of games by a cutoff date??? Clutching at straws...but you never know with contracts these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Maybe they can void it if he hasn't played a minimum amount of games by a cutoff date??? Clutching at straws...but you never know with contracts these days.
    Let's hope so!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)