+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Funbags slips up.

Funbags slips up.

Funbags made a comment about a series on sky about the mafia in Naples so i thought id give it a go. It truly is rivetting. Ive seen a lot of Italian TV and it has earned its reputation as being the worst in the world over and over through sheer incompetence.

Gommarra is tv at its best. If you go back to Roman times, this is how it would have been at the top whoever the emporer was. The female really is deadlier.

Have you got any other recommendations funbags, taking into account that you will now put me wrong.

Gus of Coldhams Lane.

If he recommends ‘kill list’ tell him to get fu­cked.

It’s wa­nk

Glad you like it Frank, it truly is ace.

I have a bit of an obsession with subtitled stuff at the moment and can
    highly recommend Narcos - albeit half off of it is in English. It's in two
    sections, the first concerning the Colombian cartels (the bloke who plays
    Escobar is brilliant) and the second, the drug trade in Mexico. The Mexican
    one is a bit slower to get going but still pretty riveting.

And if you like dystopian grim stuff, hunt out a Spanish film called The Platform.

Narcos SEASON one was ace. Couldert get in to SEASON 2 at all tbf.

Oh, teachers is currently on channel 4’s catch up service btw, Kenny.

You’re welcome.

I nearly gave up on SEASON 2 after about three episodes but it were well worth sticking with in the end. I think SEASON 1 being so excellent left an bit of an hangover and the thought that next un couldert prossibly be as good - it isn't, but it's not far off.

Will give Teachers a gan when I've finished re-watching the unrelentingly grim Handmaid's Tale.

The Gommorra is true apparently. It reminds me of the primary school playground, where a punch on the arm was the equivalent of an execution. And tea packet cards was money. Its all so childish, with most wanting to be top dog, like the playground, without understanding consequences.

The money seems to be the least of concerns. If it was me id be salting as much away as i could, judging the day when it was best to fly to California with the family, or wherever. Even the Lootenants hardly made any cash, only the boss. The actor who plays Ciro is brilliant, Genny reminds me of my cousin Marino, who funnily enough had even deader eyes. I think Marino stopped at burning his own factory down, probably.

Its amazing how many people are executed, but those still alive never think it will be them one day, while living in blocks of flats because threy never make any money.

I wouldnt get involved because not only do i look a step ahead, i look ten steps ahead. This failure to understand consequences, is it stupidity, or personality?, its a big problem, not only in situations like that, but in everyday life.

You can talk to someone for an hour, and not a word goes in. It must be karma, they are meant to do what they do. To learn.

'Ciro' is indeed a brilliant actor Frank. Genny too. It's great how his character changes as it goes on and he turns from a bit of a soppy sod to a complete psycho.

The Colombian / Mexican stuff is the same. These ****ers made so much cash they had to stick it in big warehouses or bury it. Yet apart from the bosses who had various mansions, most of the sidekicks lived in poxy flats in scuzzy areas. It never seemed to be about making money and being able to spend it, rather than just getting one over their rivals and having more power than them.

The quality is astounding. You would think that after more than a hundred years of programme making we would get high quality story telling all the time.

Not so. Just look at the trash coming out of hollywood, the super hero nonsense, and the mindless Americanisms. TV films made in the 2000s are an embarrassment, not worth tuppence. Its like machismo is everything. The horror films are laughable. The mask of the red death was on recently, thats how you do it.

Film makers arnt stupid, i suspect that they make films for the majority, which equates to more money. The problem is that the average man or woman are morons.

Films or programmes are not made for people with an iq higher than 100. Except this. Normal Italian tv is almost naked ladies and interminable discussions on football.

I've been watching Alan Bennett's Talking Heads on BBC1,there's been some riveting performances on there

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)