+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your starting 11 vs Wednesday...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your starting 11 vs Wednesday...

Not an easy call for me. We only see 90 minutes of activity (!) every match and have to base our selection accordingly. Clearly the training ground performances are therefore unable to have a bearing. So here goes....

Johnno
    Furlong, AJ, Hegazi, Gibbo,
    Phillips, Pereira, Sawyers, Robinson,
    Austin, Grosicki

Worth a go ?

What’s your call ?

Johnstone
    Furlong
    Gibbs
    Ajayi
    Hegazi
    Livermore
    Sawyers
    Krovinovic
    Pereira
    Grosicki
    Austin
    Most certainly have Tulloch on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Johnstone
    Furlong
    Gibbs
    Ajayi
    Hegazi
    Livermore
    Sawyers
    Krovinovic
    Pereira
    Grosicki
    Austin
    Good shout boingy buddy...Would like Krovo in...but nervous to shut out Philips.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Johnstone
    Furlong
    Gibbs
    Ajayi
    Hegazi
    Livermore
    Sawyers
    Krovinovic
    Pereira
    Grosicki
    Austin

To be honest - I think Bartley has been better than Hegazi and apart from that would agree! Austin, Zohore and HRK have different qualities - HRK works hard but is useless and does not know where the net is - Austin too slow and like a cart horse but does know where the net is ( more than HRK ) and Zohore a complete coward and light weight but again would bet on him to score more than HRK. In a nutshell all three are not fit to lace Gayle's boots!

PS - I would not play Philips in the reserves on his last two displays! Absolute embarrassment and yes I feel that strongly!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    To be honest - I think Bartley has been better than Hegazi and apart from that would agree! Austin, Zohore and HRK have different qualities - HRK works hard but is useless and does not know where the net is - Austin too slow and like a cart horse but does know where the net is ( more than HRK ) and Zohore a complete coward and light weight but again would bet on him to score more than HRK. In a nutshell all three are not fit to lace Gayle's boots!

PS - I would not play Philips in the reserves on his last two displays! Absolute embarrassment and yes I feel that strongly!
    The match against Brentford is the first time HRK has scored less than 7 for performance a poor game for him, but then as the commentary said he wasn't being passed to for most of the game. He is our top scorer. You will wait months for Zohore to score and Austin will wait in the box for the perfect pass and offer little else the whole game. I would still go for HRK. If we get promoted though we will have to spend some serious money on strikers.

I would only change HRK for carthorse Austin because of HRK's link up play with Pareira. Also Diangana for Grosicki because he obviously isnt in Bilic plans so far. I am sure he would be around in the squad if he was. Could all change though after he eyes this weeks training sessions. Phillips isnt up to the mark at all, do you chance him? Also depends what formation Bilic feels is best against Wednesday who beat Bristol at Bristol today. Tough decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Good shout boingy buddy...Would like Krovo in...but nervous to shut out Philips.
    Why Paul?

Phillips is absolute c r a p.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why Paul?

Phillips is absolute c r a p.

He's not Mick! He's f uckin useless!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Not an easy call for me. We only see 90 minutes of activity (!) every match and have to base our selection accordingly. Clearly the training ground performances are therefore unable to have a bearing. So here goes....

Johnno
    Furlong, AJ, Hegazi, Gibbo,
    Phillips, Pereira, Sawyers, Robinson,
    Austin, Grosicki

Worth a go ?

What’s your call ?
    Phillips! Have you been on holiday for the last couple of weeks Prando?

None of our much vaunted 4 wingers or strikers have had a decent game the last 2 or 3 or 4. Coincidence or lack of service!

Imo we are so slow at getting the ball out to the wingers they are taking on defenders who are 'set' and from a standing start. And that isn't ideal.

For me

Usual first 5

Krov in for Livermore and I'd be tempted to try Harper for Sawyers. Pereira plays then it's perm any 3 from half a dozen. And yes I would have Tulloch on the bench.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 28-06-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)