+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Toon vs Man City

Shameful.How Brucey gets away with it I don't know.To capitulate from the start is a disgrace.The sooner we are rid the better but I can't see iy,at least in the near future.

Jesus Christ.... Where do I even begin?

What a complete waste of time Bruce is. No plan whatsoever, just hoying the ball up the pitch for them to receive and start another attack.

I remember some people (Posh Redknapp comes to mind) criticizing Rafa for our defensive tactics against City. Wonder what he's going to say now then, if anything? Fact is Rafa had a plan and even against City he got us results.

Brucie gives us f*ck all, can't wait to get rid of him and also some of the terrible players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Jesus Christ.... Where do I even begin?

What a complete waste of time Bruce is. No plan whatsoever, just hoying the ball up the pitch for them to receive and start another attack.

I remember some people (Posh Redknapp comes to mind) criticizing Rafa for our defensive tactics against City. Wonder what he's going to say now then, if anything? Fact is Rafa had a plan and even against City he got us results.

Brucie gives us f*ck all, can't wait to get rid of him and also some of the terrible players we have.
    He tweaked the formation at half time, and it was an improvement, we started to get forward and get into the game.
    When i thought we were actually starting to show a glimmer of hope and we looked up for it with Carroll, he took Carroll off.

Gayle missed , holy shlt, it was harder to miss. They scored, game over.

If the takeover gets rejected, we are royally fo0ked!

The past 13 years will look like a happy memory compared to what Ashley will do to this club in the future. He will definately spit his dummy out on missing out on 300m payday

I have never coached, managed or assisted any football team of any type in my life but I'm totally and utterly convinced if I had been thrown in today as manager I would have put up a better showing than what I witnessed today. As has been said, God help us if this takeover doesn't happen, the PL will be a distant memory.

well that was blooming awful - 2nd half a bit better.

how did Gayle miss that sitter ???? must have been harder to miss than get on target

and Im sorry but if andy carroll is the future of this club we are doomed big time.

Gayle missed because he's shit.

This takeover absolutely has to happen, you're right, J.

Its a bit ironic that the Man City we saw tear us apart, that the pundits drooled over, the press did the same, was paid for and financed by a regime similar to the one the PL are stalling on to take over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Its a bit ironic that the Man City we saw tear us apart, that the pundits drooled over, the press did the same, was paid for and financed by a regime similar to the one the PL are stalling on to take over here.
    That's what they are afraid of. It's obvious that the four or five clubs at the top moneywise have some sway over the F.A. to hold back the likes of us, who with the correct handling and reasonable finance would give them all a run for their money.

It appears that the F.A. and their handful of favourites can't accept too much competition at the top.

It appears that the F.A. and their handful of favourites can't accept too much competition at the top.

............ & thats what confuses me.Surely more competition would be beneficial,taking away the 'boredom' of the same teams vying for the top year after year.Look at when Leicester won it - so many fans were over the moon at their success.A derivative should be that viewing figures & attendances would go up & general interest in the game improved enormously.
    Whilst I am happy that Manure or Sh*tty havent won it,the title race this year came to an end around Christmas & that cant be good for interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post

............ & thats what confuses me.Surely more competition would be beneficial,taking away the 'boredom' of the same teams vying for the top year after year.Look at when Leicester won it - so many fans were over the moon at their success.A derivative should be that viewing figures & attendances would go up & general interest in the game improved enormously.
    Whilst I am happy that Manure or Sh*tty havent won it,the title race this year came to an end around Christmas & that cant be good for interest.
    What seems to be missing from this debate is the fact that we are all fans and are passionate about the game.

The People who run the sport from the FA & PL down see it as a business which generates billions of £££s. When selling the PL package to overseas territories both in terms of selling TV rights but as importantly or more importantly the sponsors and advertising.

It's easy for the PL to market Man United to China whilst they were the dominant team and winning everything. Sadly that isn't the case as Man U are being sucked dry by the Glazers (not that I give a sh!t).

However Beyond the PL you have the Fascist Real Madrid and the other monopoly teams don't like the idea of more powerful competition. Real won all the La Liga titles during the Franco regime as the Catalan teams were essentially threatened with death if they dared to beat Franco's Poster boys for the regime. They have some Nerve lobbying UEFA to restrict clubs like Man City, but they again are not subject to FFP due to the value of their brand in the CL.

The whole thing needs to be looked at through the dirty money soaked eyes of greed and corruption.

Then you see they truth of where we are.

Once the Saudi's show the league that there will be hundreds of millions coming in to replace the money BeIN sport lost the deal will be signed off, simple. No morality involved.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)