+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takeover? For or against

The brother in law next door is a true Geordie fan, has been all his life, when he heard about the probable takeover by a middle eastern consortium he was not impressed, he was pleased that Mike Ashley was going to leave but was not impressed that folk from the middle east who have no human rights could control his team, so if these towel heads do take over he'll stop his interest in the Club, it sounds drastic to some but a lot of folk stick by their principles.

"Towel heads?"

[QUOTE=bfcjon;39520662]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If Garlick could find a way to ensure SD had £20 million every season to play with instead of the quoted £9 million, I'd prefer to stay as we are.[/QUOTE

We are at the helm of Garlic,.....Even 20 million imo is not enough to muddle through,..Nowhere near enough if we want to compete.
    Just get used to going down the leagues without a fight,.

I would YES have a takeover/investment While we are still a Prem Club, and Hopefully move on!!
    If we do go down the leagues Without a fight ,...Which is more the probable. Then remember Prudent Garlic.
    With half a dozen games to go we are eighth in the EPL. I seriously don't know whether Garlick is just lucky or the most astute football Chairman on the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    20 million will buy you phook all BT.
    It bought us JBG, Pope, Tarkowski and Brownhill and we still had enough left to re-fortify the Dry Powder Room Alf.

I seem to remember this is Dyche's annual dance in the hope he gets a few more quid to play with?

Yes please. If we can get results now imagine how good we'd be with a better squad.

Don't think Newcastle fans will be unhappy with a takeover if it works out. Don't think many Leicester or Wolves fans feel the soul of the club has gone.

What BT is probably thinking is 20 million,plus small additives like a drop of whiskey before the game starts ,and the music of 'Jerusalem 'played in the background ,home and away,plus a new greeting between players before walking on the pitch of ''Mazel Tov, mazel tov!'' Sean will not be addressed as Sean, anymore but addressed as ''The Rabbi. ''We wish BT well with these futuristic additions.

I think that reality is we are an ageing side and in the next season we’re really going to have to invest as the likes of Bardsley , cork , JBG , long , Barnes , Lowton , Brady are all heading towards twilight years.

When you look at that list realistically it’s a massive project to filter players in and remain competitive in the best league in the world.

Maybe after Covid the board will look at things differently and decide they have to sell or get outside investment to survive, otherwise we’ll end up in the championship quicker than you can say it.

Add to that if Dyche leaves

If a foreign investor would put enough into the club to keep Sean Dyche happy and at the club then I'm all for it, because he's the catalyst for our success, or survival at this level at least. When he goes we're doomed, we're going down, foreign money or not. There is no potential owner out there who can put enough money into the club to allow us to compete on a level playing field with the top ten or so clubs in the PL, it's always going to be an uphill battle whoever the owner is, we can win that battle if Dyche stays, if he goes I don't see another manager who can keep us at this level, no matter what his budget is. Just chucking money at it will not keep you in the PL, there are numerous clubs who have proved that, one just down the road for instance, you need the manager, we have him..............for now.

Any takeover of a football club is a gamble, we can see what has happened with Blackburn Rovers on one hand whilst on the other we can also see what has happened with Manchester City, two very different extremes.
    On taking over both clubs saw a situation with changes to managers and coaching staff but with very differing results.
    Yes I would love to see some major financial investment into BFC but wary of the Blackburn scenario.
    If there was to be a takeover of BFC I would like to see the team management stay the same for at least a full season to allow for a smooth transition.

The problem for BFC is that no matter the amount of money we have, you can give the manager an equivalent budget to say United or Chelsea, we still won't be able to compete, because when it comes to the very top players, no matter what we offer them, they'll still prefer to sign for a London or Manchester club, so we'll end up paying top dollar for players just short of the top level and still struggling to make the top ten. The only solution is to have a manager who can work miracles, which we have, I'm not sure we'll find another when he's gone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)