+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover? For or against

Question Takeover? For or against

Telegraph today reporting possible interest in a takeover of the Club.

This has come up on occasions in the past and I was interested in Sean's reported comments that you can't keep operating on an annual net spend of £9 million.However,over many years it is clear that this is how we have been run,we are labelled as a selling Club.

This raises questions?

1.Why would anyone pump in a lot of money to try and bring success?

2.Do they have money to gamble with and enjoy the prestige that comes from owning a PL Club?

3.Do they want to promote their "brand" (Ask the Venky's)?

4.We ARE a small town Club but in the PL supporters money counts for very little.

5.Do they have an interest in the town/Club on a long term basis or are they after making a "quick buck"?

6.Who actually are they?The present Board are supporters who do not take money out of the Club.

Be interesting to hear any of your views

I would rather be giving Garlick some well deserved stick than Sheikh Abdullahwotisname who would be simply pishing about with our football club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would rather be giving Garlick some well deserved stick than Sheikh Abdullahwotisname who would be simply pishing about with our football club.
    There is a report out about a takeover/investment ,..,Reported today,..Allbeit from Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    There is a report out about a takeover/investment ,..,Reported today,..Allbeit from Canada...
    Could you possibly post a link to the report?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I cant read the whole article, needs a subscription. The first couple of paragraphs didn't mention Canada though. Any chance you could elaborate?

Sorry Canada I cannot, I also don't subscibe to certain internet newspaper's.

I also picked up when searching just now a social media topic on Facebook/Twitter I cannot remember which, from March 2018 with more or less the same headlines in that an American or Middle East consortium are considering a 180 Million £ takeover, so it may be a rehash of that Canada.

ok. thanks.

It doesn't sit easily with me, but is the only way we have a chance of continuing to compete in this league.

But...the interested party needs scrutinising to within an inch of it's life - too many clubs have made the wrong decision in the recent past.

If we do a very thorough fit and proper test, and are sure that they wish to invest for which we consider to be the right reasons, then I would welcome it. I want to see my club playing at the highest level for as long as possible.

At the moment, on our resources, we are massively over achieving - and this can't be sustainable for too long.

click back and forth, and can "sometimes" let you see in full - without needing to subscribe.

Burnley attracting interest from overseas investors seeking to buy Premier League club

The club have previously stated they are open to investment from outside sources

Burnley are the subject of interest from an overseas consortium looking to buy a Premier League club. They endured a week under scrutiny over the “White Lives Matter” plane banner and the future of Sean Dyche but are viewed as having huge potential for investors.

It is understood American and Middle-Eastern investors have looked closely at a club who have been in the top flight for five of the last six campaigns under Dyche and are assured of safety from relegation again this season.

The consortium will look to see if there is appetite for a takeover from Clarets chairman Mike Garlic in the post-Covid-19 landscape of football. The club issued said in a statement two years ago that they were open to investment from outside sources but were not in talks over a takeover.

Burnley were in the headlines last week over a fan organising a banner in conflict with the Black Lives Matter movement against inequality. Dyche described it as a low moment for the club and two giant anti-racism banners were produced for their win against Watford at Turf Moor on Thursday.

Dyche’s future has also appeared uncertain after criticism of the club’s board over failing to extend the contracts of first-team players.

He had asked the board to renew deals last season to avoid the possibility of departures on free transfers. The delay of the season being completed due to the coronavirus pandemic meant Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and Joe Hart needed short-term extensions but could not agree fresh terms. Phil Bardsley signed a new one-year deal out of those with expiring contracts.

Dyche, who has two full seasons left on his contract, has worked on a smaller budget than many of his Premier League rivals and has spoken about the club’s spending ahead of Monday’s clash at Crystal Palace.

“It's not about breaking it, I would never do that. No way would I rip it up,” he said. "But can we stretch it? Yes, I think we can. Does it need stretching? Yes, it does. You can't, forever, work on a net spend of £9million-a-year. It is not impossible but it is improbable that is going to work over a long period."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-buy-premier/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)