+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plotting the run-in -7 games to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Hopefully these three things will help us over the line this year:

1. We have a cushion so tomorrow's game, and then the Blackburn game, and then the Stoke game, and so on, isn't a 'must win' like all the last few games were last season when we were neck and neck with Sheff Utd
    2. The players and MB hopefully learned a lot from last year's experience, which will help this year
    3. The crowd isn't there - sounds weird but I think certainly for the Wigan meltdown last year a big contributory factor was the palpable panic emanating from the ER stands, which I think transferred to the players, so in some ways behind closed doors at ER this year might actually be a benefit - and win our 4 home games and we're almost certainly up whatever happens in the 3 away games
    Yeah I’m teasing a little
    And I especially understand no.3, but it’s a bit like saying we could win the Prem next season (if we have no spectators)

It's great isn't it, all the pressure is currently on WBA and Brentford.

All we have to do is tick the games off and match or better the Brentford results.

Sounds so simple!

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    It's great isn't it, all the pressure is currently on WBA and Brentford.

All we have to do is tick the games off and match or better the Brentford results.

Sounds so simple!
    "All we have to do.......", how manytimes over recent season ends have we heard/seen that written?

It ain't over until the fat lady sings, and she hasn't even warmed up yet.

Brentford have won a few on the spin now. Anyone seriously expect them to win the next 7 also? Decent if not great team, when was the last time someone won a dozen games on the spin in the championship? thats right folks, it doesnt happen! We are up , providing we dont lose the next 7 in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Hopefully these three things will help us over the line this year:

1. We have a cushion so tomorrow's game, and then the Blackburn game, and then the Stoke game, and so on, isn't a 'must win' like all the last few games were last season when we were neck and neck with Sheff Utd
    2. The players and MB hopefully learned a lot from last year's experience, which will help this year
    3. The crowd isn't there - sounds weird but I think certainly for the Wigan meltdown last year a big contributory factor was the palpable panic emanating from the ER stands, which I think transferred to the players, so in some ways behind closed doors at ER this year might actually be a benefit - and win our 4 home games and we're almost certainly up whatever happens in the 3 away games
    So just to clarify OWT.... you blame those people who go every week, they're not proper fans and they cause us to lose?

Lots and lots of 'not real' fans about these days

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Considering we cant go anymore, i must be one, Tongue it cheek guys but it has carried on relentless,

On the thread, I believe we will do it this time, every team we have to face so far have something to play for either at the top end same with bottom end, Think this will play into our hands as teams wont park the bus, nothing worse than playing teams who have nothing to play for, pressure off relax and play so to speak,

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    We used to have plastic fans, now theyre fu ckin cardboard.
    Talk about cutbacks?

The only issue that I see is that we struggle to break down negative teams with packed defences.
    I think we will do enough for promotion, but still wonder what will happen if West brom find form again. May end up second.

Osama and the tiger king!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)