+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just booked a hols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just booked a hols

Or to be more accurate my wife has.

A week in September in Bedruthan. Been to the south Cornish coast a few times recently but haven't been to North Cornwall in a long time.

Already looking forward to it, Cornwall is plenty exotic enough for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post

A week in September in Bedruthan. Been to the south Cornish coast a few times recently but haven't been to North Cornwall in a long time.

Already looking forward to it, Cornwall is plenty exotic enough for me right now.
    Very nice, I’ve walked ”the Bedruthan Steps”. Enjoy Cornwall, I will alas most certainly not make it to Cornwall this year.

Wonderful area great sunsets

What a great choice of venue.

Last week of August into early September I’ll be a few feet away from you below the Bedruthan Steps hotel in Mawgan Porth 923.

I’m renting the same house I did last year just above the beach just to the right of the hotel.

You’ll find the Merrymoor pub in Mawgan Porth an excellent place to eat and drink.

Go a further mile into Watergate Bay to find my favourite beach on planet Earth,I actually owned an apartment here until fairly recently........God’s own hand touched this place.

Watergate Bay hotel is a place I’ve stayed at probably 40 times since 78 and is a nice place to eat and dine as is the beach hut.

A further two miles along the road you’ve got Porth where I had a rental cottage and that’s a lovely spot.

Padstow is over rated in my book but worth a visit and St Ives is worth the 40 minute drive as is Falmouth.

You’ve picked a terrific spot.

If our holidays cross I shall buy you a beverage 👍🏻😎

This is the house we rent through “Perfect Stays” and although at first glance it’s pricey we had about 11 of us there for the week and it then works out to be decent value.

Which hotel are you staying at?

If it’s The Ruby your missus has more money than sense😆

No kids allowed though so your luck might be in 😏

https://www.perfectstays.co.uk/property/waters-edge/

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What a great choice of venue.

Last week of August into early September I’ll be a few feet away from you below the Bedruthan Steps hotel in Mawgan Porth 923.

I’m renting the same house I did last year just above the beach just to the right of the hotel.

You’ll find the Merrymoor pub in Mawgan Porth an excellent place to eat and drink.

Go a further mile into Watergate Bay to find my favourite beach on planet Earth,I actually owned an apartment here until fairly recently........God’s own hand touched this place.

Watergate Bay hotel is a place I’ve stayed at probably 40 times since 78 and is a nice place to eat and dine as is the beach hut.

A further two miles along the road you’ve got Porth where I had a rental cottage and that’s a lovely spot.

Padstow is over rated in my book but worth a visit and St Ives is worth the 40 minute drive as is Falmouth.

You’ve picked a terrific spot.

If our holidays cross I shall buy you a beverage ������

This is the house we rent through “Perfect Stays” and although at first glance it’s pricey we had about 11 of us there for the week and it then works out to be decent value.

Which hotel are you staying at?

If it’s The Ruby your missus has more money than sense��

No kids allowed though so your luck might be in ��

https://www.perfectstays.co.uk/property/waters-edge/
    Unusually for us booked a hotel rather than self catering. Just called the Bedruthan Hotel as far as I know. Wife said it cost nearly as much the cancelled week we had in Israel. After lots of nagging from the aforementioned lady we have the money back.

In the last few years been to southern Cornwall from Looe round to St Ives a couple of times. Last time I went to the north coast was in 93 with 2 kids. Weather was lousy which with 4 and 6 year olds matters a lot. Highlight was the middle Sunday driving everyone from Hayle to Wembley. Worth every moment.

Not there until middle on the month. Thanks for all the tips I will ensure I try the Merrymoor. Looking forward to it a ridiculous amount.

You reminded me of The Eclipse that never was. Managed to get a prime spot in Hayle, Cornwall for the Total Solar eclipse of 1999. and saw nothing of it. It was sunny and cloudless for the 5 days prior whilst I was there and then it peed down on the very day, in fact it was torrential, even planes had to fly over 35,000 feet just to see the eclipse. One of my biggest disappointments ever. I got to see Patrick Moore though.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    You reminded me of The Eclipse that never was. Managed to get a prime spot in Hayle, Cornwall for the Total Solar eclipse of 1999. and saw nothing of it. It was sunny and cloudless for the 5 days prior whilst I was there and then it peed down on the very day, in fact it was torrential, even planes had to fly over 35,000 feet just to see the eclipse. One of my biggest disappointments ever. I got to see Patrick Moore though.
    I was in the South of France. Clear blue sky but only a sliver of an eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    We were in Brixham at the time and went to see the eclipse on Berry Head. Watched the whole thing. Didn't see Patrick Moore though. Not sure which was/is more disappointing, witnessing the eclipse itself or not seeing Patrick Moore. Fine lines Phil' .

Unusually for us booked a hotel rather than self catering. Just called the Bedruthan Hotel as far as I know. Wife said it cost nearly as much the cancelled week we had in Israel. After lots of nagging from the aforementioned lady we have the money back.

In the last few years been to southern Cornwall from Looe round to St Ives a couple of times. Last time I went to the north coast was in 93 with 2 kids. Weather was lousy which with 4 and 6 year olds matters a lot. Highlight was the middle Sunday driving everyone from Hayle to Wembley. Worth every moment.

Not there until middle on the month. Thanks for all the tips I will ensure I try the Merrymoor. Looking forward to it a ridiculous amount.
    It’ll be The Bedruthan Steps Hotel 923.......that’s what it was called historically.

A lovely spot but I’d get your wife to check that your room faces the sea rather than the main road side as it’s a busy road in season.

The other downside to it is the parking which has always been inadequate and ridiculously tight.

The spot itself is top notch albeit as we found last year it always requires the car to get to any other place that Mawgan Porth beach and the Merrymoor Inn.

Make plenty of time for days at Watergate Bay though and the pub next to the Beachcombers apartments of which I used to own one is excellent.

If you have any younger ones with you the go kart track at St Eval is only a couple of miles away and is great fun........not for my son in law and daughter though as I beat them around there last year😎

Usually good weather in Cornwall in September as well so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’ll be The Bedruthan Steps Hotel 923.......that’s what it was called historically.

A lovely spot but I’d get your wife to check that your room faces the sea rather than the main road side as it’s a busy road in season.

The other downside to it is the parking which has always been inadequate and ridiculously tight.

The spot itself is top notch albeit as we found last year it always requires the car to get to any other place that Mawgan Porth beach and the Merrymoor Inn.

Make plenty of time for days at Watergate Bay though and the pub next to the Beachcombers apartments of which I used to own one is excellent.

If you have any younger ones with you the go kart track at St Eval is only a couple of miles away and is great fun........not for my son in law and daughter though as I beat them around there last year😎

Usually good weather in Cornwall in September as well so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
    Checked and she paid a supplement for sea facing. Good weather would be a bonus but no such thing as wrong weather just wrong clothes. If it's wet then karting is so much more fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)