+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our fans on social media

our fans on social media

bloody hell, some of our fans on Twitter are actually defending Bruce.

One fan even said " what was he meant to do against a side like Man City, attack them?"

well yes that would have been a start. A sad time to be a Newcastle fan

Be the same ones who think Ashley runs the club well.

*shakes head

Doesn't surprise me. Have took everything Ashley has served up before, why should this be different. He gave them Bruce, so they defend Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

One fan even said " what was he meant to do against a side like Man City, attack them?"

One way or another if you lose you are out so there's nothing to be afraid of by going all out and having a go at it. It's a one life chance and you are more respected, even if hammered by going down fighting than getting beat and being wimps.

Man Citeh aren't totally unbeatable and there are dozens of upsets in football every single day. Just ask the smiling wealthy bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

Stockholm syndrome - muppets have been beaten down so badly for 13 yrs they'll accept anything.

However YES, YES we should have attacked them!

It's the Bassa FA CUP Quarter Final! F-ME, anyone can win it. Get at them, have a go.

What I saw was definitely the nail in the coffin for Bruce in terms of being the manager post take over.

The man is a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Stockholm syndrome - muppets have been beaten down so badly for 13 yrs they'll accept anything.

However YES, YES we should have attacked them!

It's the Bassa FA CUP Quarter Final! F-ME, anyone can win it. Get at them, have a go.

What I saw was definitely the nail in the coffin for Bruce in terms of being the manager post take over.

The man is a coward.
    It's alright having respect for the "big" clubs and their top players but they are all there to be beaten on the day and a defeatist attitude is a disaster before you even kick off.

It's always worth remembering the 1988 cup final when Wimbledon beat the "unbeatable" and newly crowned league champions Liverpool.

I think Wimbledon were about 8-1 on with the bookies and it wasn't a last minute goal. They scored late in the first half so Liverpool had all the second half to recover and go for it. Talk about upsets.

How many times have we seen this before though against the top teams.First Half pack the defence/panic/hoof ball upfield to no-one.Concede a goal & then miraculously play better with a ''nothing to lose'' syndrome. Surely the penny should drop - we had nothing to lose at the outset & could/should have given the viewing audience something to get interested in !!
    On the plus side though it amplified (again) how utterly clueless the dinosaur is & how he is punching way above his weight in his current position.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It's alright having respect for the "big" clubs and their top players but they are all there to be beaten on the day and a defeatist attitude is a disaster before you even kick off.

It's always worth remembering the 1988 cup final when Wimbledon beat the "unbeatable" and newly crowned league champions Liverpool.

I think Wimbledon were about 8-1 on with the bookies and it wasn't a last minute goal. They scored late in the first half so Liverpool had all the second half to recover and go for it. Talk about upsets.
    All we want to see is a club that has a go. The manager is a 'Geordie', 'Knows what the people want', 'What is expected of the team', 'Is gonna have a go at the cups this year'.

Binned out the League Cup in August & just laid down at took in the rear last night.

The man needs to be removed as soon as the final whistle blows on the final game of the season. Have his personal effects boxed up and just dash it on the street whilst the lads are in the showers.

1 good game against Shef U and his pundit buddies were blowing smoke out of his hoop.

Complete joke of a manager and I don't care about him as a person. Never met the man, wouldn't cross a crowded pub to shake his hand. Man United fan, Man United player no affiliation to NUFC other than accent and lived down the road.

Sling it Bruisasurus!

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    How many times have we seen this before though against the top teams.First Half pack the defence/panic/hoof ball upfield to no-one.Concede a goal & then miraculously play better with a ''nothing to lose'' syndrome. Surely the penny should drop - we had nothing to lose at the outset & could/should have given the viewing audience something to get interested in !!
    On the plus side though it amplified (again) how utterly clueless the dinosaur is & how he is punching way above his weight in his current position.
    Exactly man!

We had nothing to lose from kick-off. We were always going to be beaten. If we had a decent manager, he would have said "listen lads, you know who they are and what they are capable. You've got nothing to lose today, get out there and get in their faces. Don't give them a minute and kick them a bit. COME YOU BUNCH OF DONKEYS, YOU CAN DO IT" (Throws up the gun show and screams like Conor McGregor) haha

I think someone used to say of Mourinho when he did the same thing that he plays "Anti-Football".

That 1st half was Anti-Football, perfected. If we had a go at them, we would have still lost but at least go down fighting. Rafa used to do some defensive masterclasses himself (not that yesterday was one) and I wasn't the biggest fan of that. In the FA Cup, I don't know why we didn't have a proper go.

Carroll was jumping around winning the ball with no one around him. Was ridiculous.

If you've got Maximusman, you've got to play him further forwards; he's not a left back FFS. With a bit of adventure, you never know. Citeh aren't infallible at the back. We hid behind the sofa and you don't get anything in the 1/4 final playing like that.

Meh.

Bring on MBS and his blood-soaked millions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)