+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Palace v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I disagree with you Norder, Ayew should have be sent of for his forearm on Brownhill, I know if it would have been a Burnley player he's have been given a red.
    I was surprised he stayed on, if it had been accidental then fair enough, but he knew exactly what he was doing, he looked round to see where Brownhill was and then laid him out with a forearm smash. As blatant as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    but he knew exactly what he was doing, he looked round to see where Brownhill was and then laid him out with a forearm smash. As blatant as you can get.
    he wouldn't need to look at Brownhill to see where he was - he could feel him

- perhaps he was looking where to play the ball.

It was the glance round that did it for me Norder, he lined him up a treat. Anyway, what are you doing agreeing with refs and Varmen, you know they're incompetent halfwits the lot of them, you'll not often be wrong going against them, you know that as well as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It was the glance round that did it for me Norder, he lined him up a treat. Anyway, what are you doing agreeing with refs and Varmen, you know they're incompetent halfwits the lot of them, you'll not often be wrong going against them, you know that as well as anyone.

what dooyu expect - Sinkov.....hacked into VAR tonight, so wasn't going to give us the advantage - not when 'I knew' that they couldn't score - and we could.

images after the (supposed) violent conduct.

Brownhill still holding Ayew.

and still on his feet.

so - how bad was it ?

100% Red card for me , Ayew knew what he was doing as he looked at him them forearmed in the mush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6U0IEqO3iY

Thought we were excellent tonight , moved the ball round really well in the first half , McNeil was quality in what I think will be his position in the centre mid , his workrate was outstanding popping up all over the pitch and his direct running at players with balance & close control caused them big problems .
    Thought Brownhill impressed again , looks neat & tidy , wants the ball and has good game intelligence , Westwood was also impressive and Ben Mee scoring the winner in his 300th appearance , top effort !

SD Post Match.

adapting to the challenge...... .

First half we looked like one of those La Liga teams who knock it about, quick and sharp, ball on the deck, good movement, good options, always threatening, nice shape and defensively solid. Impressive!

Fantastic stuff. Really enjoyed the first half performance. Play the same way with a full squad and we could have thrashed them.

Was worried when they were on top in the second half but it's not often we outplay a team away so much that they are forced to make a change at half time.

I have first to say ,I fell asleep at half time ,so missed the 2nd half. ( I have a magic sofa!)

We played a different ball game,a different style.If the game against Man City had an effect ? Who knows ?But our defence just knew how to play text book stuff. Pope, knowing he has not Wood and Ash,upfield I think passed more to defenders and not the big boot we have had in previous games (quite boring really).On the 'Mac' you have already said ,but yes more games with the free reins he has ,excellent (plus on that performance he will improve).

We won,an excellent goal,sadly if I think he could do the same again ,no, really Mee had two defenders on him,plus he was at full stretch ,I believe the goalkeeper touched it and it went in.Sometimes you win ,sometimes you loose.So the fire power dept up front, needs some magic.
    But great stuff what I saw.Can't wait for the next game to come.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)