+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Palace v Burnley Match Preview

Crystal Palace v Burnley Match Preview

I nearly changed the thread title to Take a Bow, Ben Mee and if he does it will be well deserved for this will surely be his 300th game for the Clarets. What a great servant of the club and how well he has taken over the mantle of skipper from Tom. Although Palace could well be missing Zaha this rather pales against our problems where Wood, Barnes, JBG are likely to continue to be unavailable and now it seems Jay Rod may be a doubt. Long to partner Vydra in attack anyone?!! We could run up against the evergreen Gary Cahill. When a certain young lad from Villa had that loan season at the Turf back in 2004-05 could he have imagined the glittering career that lay ahead of him? I really don’t like Palace and we owe them for their win at the Turf earlier this season but where will our goals come from? 0-0 looms if we are lucky.

We are only playing for pride and prize money now outwood. I just want to bring a conclusion to this non-event (for us) of a season and see what tomorrow brings.

Incidentally, I met Gary's parents regularly when they came up to watch him play and what a cracking family they were.

Palace usually have us sussed out and under Roy are organized usually at the back.

Whether we can get something out of the game will depend a lot on the fitness of Zaha and Rodriguez, but also if we can hit them on the break.

I think they'll take a conservative approach and we will struggle to break them down. Probably a home win. 1-0.

Starting XI: Pope; Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; McNeil, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, Pieters; Vydra.

Subs: Peacock-Farrell, Long, Thompson, Dunne, Thomas, Jensen, Goodridge.

Last edited by Norder; 29-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.

working hard - we need one before the break, relief for the second.

0-0

second half begins - no changes for Burnley.

Ayew "seemed" to take a swipe at brownhill - Var said nothing in it - i'd agree.

0-1

a different Palace this half - but, Mee heads it in from a freekick.

Cork off injured - Long to come on.

Hodgson looking doped out - nothing knew there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)