+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheff U blunted?

Sheff U blunted?

I see they have lost again. Saw MOTD highlights however they did seem a tadge unfortunate against Arsenal, but well beaten by Man U and Newcastle. The long layoff looks like it’s the start of a new season. Teams quite often do well at a higher level initially before being “found out”.
    They seem to play the high press and tempo like Liverpool do, however their players are not quite as good.
    Before the layoff it was Europe and FA cup aspirations, ( getting a bit ahead
    of themselves! ) that would now just seem like a pipe dream. Fortunately they have enough points in the bag so relegation is not an issue this season and there a worse teams in the premiership than them at the moment, so would seem safe for now.
    They have done well so far butt it would seem need to splash the dosh to move onto the next level.
    Is this a blip or is their bubble bursting or has it burst?
    I like local teams to do well, it’s generally good for the region, even if it does mean having to wear earplugs now and then.

I think they might be a bit found out next season and will struggle to stay up mi sen millersrus. Bit like us in the championship the 2nd season if often a lot harder but worrever they will need to stick with wilder if they do struggle like us with Warne it would be folly to get shut

my way of thinking, If they really have aspirations to do well they would need to spend money, or they could stick with current model and more likely become a yo-yo team than a euro challenger. bank the money. Fans will not like it though.
    Wolves would be the example of way to go. Good quality players. Could wilder manage this type of player?

The blades gave done really well this season and wouldn't have wanted this mid-season break. It's not done them any good. Before the season started blades fans would have settled for staying up and they might now be a bit disappointed. Still done well tho.

Yep wilder a bit warneyesque in that his strengths are building team spirit with lesser quality players not sure he could handle any prima donnas

Agree stovic they have been slow out of the blocks since being back but they will stay up for sure and if you are a blunts fan you have to be happy with that as we would be if we stay up next season

Football is ****ed if that was handball

Blades 1-0 up but should be drawing

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Football is ****ed if that was handball

Blades 1-0 up but should be drawing
    Agree mate,unless they have halted the rules on hand ball Tottenham should sue the FA, that was never ever hand ball.

Not seen it but they were robbed at Villa with the ball over the line. Swings and roundabouts...

Well done Sheff Utd for finding their mo jo once again and putting a BIG southern club to the sword.

Didn't mind the result as I had Kane to score anytime, although he scored 4 and had 3 cancelled out. I thought he'd never score.

Blades now up to 7th in the Premier League, wouldn't we like that to be us?. I am happy though with our progress under Warne. We are actually better than the Blades over the last 6 seasons.