+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swamp Clearance Begins

O/T:- Swamp Clearance Begins

... leftie and Remoaner Sidwell out. More will go - knighthoods and pay-offs a small price ... at last ...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-06-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... leftie and Remoaner Sidwell out. More will go - knighthoods and pay-offs a small price ... at last ...
    Dat Dom again???

Opposition MPs have pointed the finger at the Prime Minister’s chief aide Dominic Cummings, suggesting he played a role in Sir Mark being forced out as head of the Civil Service.

Mr Cummings is rumoured to have a difficult relationship with Sir Mark, who was appointed Cabinet Secretary in 2018 by Theresa May, with the former PM allowing him to unite the role with his national security adviser job.

... Sidwell was a block. May was wrong. Glad we have DC to put the knife in. Civil Service whingers now gnashing teeth at the thought of losing their little empires. They've had a good run; now get out of the way.

At least get his freaking name right, hoss. It's Sedwill NOT Sidwell. I bet you were a real boon to the CS during your working life with such a sharp memory for names and details.
    Like I said to you before, politicising the Civil Service for whichever party is a retrograde step and takes us so much closer to a Trump-like Stateside model.
    Last edited by sidders; 29-06-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    At least get his freaking name right, hoss. It's Sedwill NOT Sidwell. I bet you were a real boon to the CS during your working life with such a sharp memory for names and details.
    Like I said to you before, politicising the Civil Service for whichever party is a retrograde step and takes us so much closer to a Trump-like Stateside model.
    What do you mean a Trump-like stateside model? The system the Trump used is the same as all other modern US Presidents. All senior positions over there are political appointments. I agree with you that the Civil Service should be neutral though, I wouldn't like the US system.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    What do you mean a Trump-like stateside model? The system the Trump used is the same as all other modern US Presidents. All senior positions over there are political appointments. I agree with you that the Civil Service should be neutral though, I wouldn't like the US system.
    You'd better get used to it. 51st state of the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSO8pdAX6c

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Not likely. The moves to make DC a state would be completed quicker as would making Peuto Rico a state. Then you have the small issue that if we did become a US state it is likely it would be as a minimum of 5 states.

If it came down to it though, its would be better than being taken over by China.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Like I said to you before, politicising the Civil Service for whichever party is a retrograde step
    The Civil Service was always politicised, in favour of the Civil Service Party.

Draining the swamp is good, but not if you allow it to refill with excrement.

Talking of draining swamps, it seems that the American public are finally waking up as to how bad Trump actually is. A combination of Covid-19 and George Floyd might well be enough to see him booted out of office. I think Trump's number one fan seriouspie said he would be back on this board in July, if he still fancies a little bet on Trump not being re-elected I'll match any stake he cares to name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast