+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you want to write to the owner of Carlisle United (1921) Limited it is .....

If you want to write to the owner of Carlisle United (1921) Limited it is .....

EWM. The EWM Group Financial Controller is John Jackson. He is on the Carlisle United Holdings board of directors. Carlisle United Holdings owns 93% of Carlisle United Football Club (1921) Limited.

Given the debt to EWM the only voice that matters at a Holdings board meeting is that of John Jackson.

John.Jackson@ewm.co.uk

As I've said before, if EWM want to call the shots then they need to make it official. It is unacceptable for them to be in a position where they can run things but without having any of the responsibilities that go with officially owning the club. I intend to push for answers on this matter.

EWM hold all the aces. If they ever wanted their money back the club would cease to exist. That is all that counts. They have all the power. Nobody below John Jackson has any power. EWM see no need to do anything different to what they have been doing since the 'facility' started.

What anyone else sees as being in the best interests of Carlisle United is totally irrelevant to EWM.

EWM can continue to be silent owners with no plan to find new ownership. They are keeping the club going by extending the 'facility' by the amount needed to prevent insolvency.

The issue of whatever anyone perceives as right / wrong is not a factor that they have any need to take into account. They have kept the club out of insolvency since March 2017. They are totally free to make all the rules in this game because without them the club would not exist.

You will find that the owners of the best businesses in Cumbria will be in no financial condition to form a consortium for at least a couple of years. I have asked a couple of them.

Thus the only way for the club to survive is to accept the rather eccentric methods of EWM as owners with full ownership powers but who do not acknowledge the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Clap View Post
    EWM hold all the aces. If they ever wanted their money back the club would cease to exist. That is all that counts. They have all the power. Nobody below John Jackson has any power. EWM see no need to do anything different to what they have been doing since the 'facility' started.

What anyone else sees as being in the best interests of Carlisle United is totally irrelevant to EWM.

EWM can continue to be silent owners with no plan to find new ownership. They are keeping the club going by extending the 'facility' by the amount needed to prevent insolvency.

The issue of whatever anyone perceives as right / wrong is not a factor that they have any need to take into account. They have kept the club out of insolvency since March 2017. They are totally free to make all the rules in this game because without them the club would not exist.
    How can you be ok with any of that? That's basically saying fans should just resign themselves to having no voice in how their club is run. How can people be so defeatist? Do fans not care about the club anymore?
    Last edited by Kessler; 30-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.

In no way do I state that I am OK with that as you can well see. You abuse me with that clearly false claim.

I merely state that there is no power whatsoever that can prevent EWM from continuing to do what they are doing. People have been asking questions and complaining for at least 3 years.

Merely resenting the situation is of no consequence whatsoever.

You have the opportunity to prove me wrong by bringing about a situation that fundamentally changes that which you want changed. Until you do that then my assessment of the situation remains valid.

In no way do I state that I am OK with that as you can well see. You abuse me with that clearly false claim.
    Ok fair enough, it just seemed that way. So is it that you're not happy with the situation you just don't think it can be changed?

You have the opportunity to prove me wrong by bringing about a situation that fundamentally changes that which you want changed.
    Sorry but that's inaccurate. I don't think that any fan can change anything on their own, I think that if enough fans collectively protest/boycott then there is more chance of getting change.

Possibly this board isn't for me either, I can see already that I'm quite outspoken.
    Last edited by Kessler; 30-06-2020 at 01:41 PM.

I have utter contempt for the situation and I have never expressed any other attitude towards it.

So, our difference of opinion is purely on the matter of the chance of any action by supporters changing it. There have been numerous
    protests varying from scorn, derision to outright anger. No protest against The Three has made the slightest impression upon matters.
    Much more importantly no protest against EWM will achieve anything, simply because they have all the power. If they wish to ignore all protests by anyone they can do because they are breaking no laws or even rules. They are even keeping the club alive, which it otherwise would not be.

In the real world EWM have complete power and nobody can do anything to change what they are doing. We have to simply wait to see them carry out their plan, if they have one. This state of affairs can go on for however long EWM want it to. That is the cold clear reality. I do not like it but regardless of what any person or group of people think or do the EWM control is total and they will not be affected by any action by anyone.

Do not make any assumptions about my attitude that are not in my posts, simply in order to start a pointless argument. I have utter contempt for the situation. We differ on the issue of what can be done to make EWM change their stance. You believe that they can be persuaded to change their stance and I do not because they have all of the power and they are keeping the club alive.

The obvious person for a group of supporters to contact with their protests is John.Jackson@ewm.co.uk. I have done so several times in the last couple of years. There is no other easy contact point at EWM for Carlisle United matters. Nobody below his level in this situation has any power.

You have acknowledged the fans have no power. There is a plan even though it appears there is none. Being in debt is a big part, the three did their job.

The next step is to judge the right time to make an announcement which might be like this.

Mr Day will announce a plan to build a new stadium outside the flood area, which you will be grateful for. It will be made of breeze blocks, concrete and tin. It will be cheap with a capacity of about 6 thousand.

Mr Day will say Brunton park will hardly pay for it. He will then redevelop Brunton Park at a big profit.

Tim of Chesterton Road.

Philip Day will do well to redevelop Brunton Park. It is on a flood plain and was flooded up to crossbar level in 2005 and 2015.
    Nobody will ever get planning permission to erect business premises or houses there.

In terms of actual sale value Brunton Park is just a piece of land that is well known to be vulnerable to very serious flooding and there is plenty of similar and superior land in the Carlisle hinterland. Thus Brunton Park has negligible value.

Yet in the parchment of the last CUFC 1921 accounts the Tangible Assets are valued at almost £8.3 million pounds, making the value of Brunton Park as at least £7.5 million.

As the old accountancy joke goes :-
    Client How do my accounts look?
    Accountant How do you want them to look?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)