+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Cannot even put out a full squad tonight

We Cannot even put out a full squad tonight

It really is pathetic ,..4 years in the Prem and what do we do ? NOWT
    We just carry on, regardless with Garlic in charge....A Premier Team cannot put a fit squad together, , We are a joke
    Apparently playing 1 up top tonight ,..My goodness we are beaten before Garlic can park his Bentley

Not a full squad when we resumed I know Jon, now JayRod being injured is another hit where it hurts, I look forward to viewing every Burnley game, even thought the folk who's responsability it is to maintain/better/progress our Club/Team seem to be pulling in the opposite direction

Cork injured as well now, right at this moment we just have ten fit outfield players. Even a Pub team wouldn't allow itself to get into that state.

Great teamspirit tonight shown again.. Can we get revenge over Those Blunts on Saturday now?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cork injured as well now, right at this moment we just have ten fit outfield players. Even a Pub team wouldn't allow itself to get into that state.
    sinkov --it happens, it is the nature of the game.
    In any case there are lots who post on here who will be disappointed because we were certainties to be relegated this season, how have we survived?
    Players aren't good enough, not enough money spent etc., etc. and yet.............
    We must have a good manager who doesn't listen to the view of lots of fans on message boards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53200110

How have we survived ? In the BBC interview above Sub, it's clear Sean is beginning to wonder, and he doesn't think it possible we'll be surviving much longer.

Amazing how Dyche keeps on pulling the rabbits out of the hat.

He's been doing it for almost eight years now. The win at Palace given the incredible amount of injuries we are currently witnessing must go down as one of his best ever victories.

What is incredibly frustrating is the silence coming out of the Burnley boardroom.

It is obvious we need some investment into the team, however I am unsure of the current contract extension scenario and its fall out.
    1) Joe Hart was a big earner who has not featured for us in the Premier League this season. I do not think it would have been prudent to offer him a contract without him taking a very large pay cut, which he probably would have considered that an insult.
    2) Aaron Lennon did not enjoy the best of seasons at BFC and combined with his age he could only have been considered as a squad player and money could be better used for a replacement winger which we do require.
    3) Jeff Hendrick would appear to be more complicated, he was offered a new contact and as we do not know the details of that contract we cannot say whether it was a fair offer or not. It would appear that he had other offers on the table which he thought better suited himself. I would class Hendrick as a good player but certainly not one who should be the top earner at the club. However if it was obvious in December he was not going to re-sign for BFC he should have been shipped out in January allowing us to get a transfer fee.
    Since this is now history Dyche, Garlick and Rigg should be getting down to the more serious aspect of ensuring we are as competitive as possible next season.
    With Bardsley aging and Lowton being somewhat hit and miss we need a quality replacement.
    Gibson should be shipped out for the best price we can get but we will take a substantial loss and would need a replacement in that position.
    Our mid field needs a complete overhaul, Gudmunsson & Brady are far to injury prone and we are in need to a quality winger plus backups.
    This assumes hopefully that we keep our star players.

Hart, Lennon, Ledzgins and Hendrick are now goners.

The million dollar question for me is why on earth are we paying this geezer an enormous salary to do the square root of phuck all..?

Attachment 16199

My only observation about the above relates to Hendrick.
    He came on as a sub in the first two matches, scoring an equaliser at Brighton. He then kept his place in the team for a further 14 matches up to the end of the year. We won 6, drew 1 and lost 7 during that period and he scored the winner against Everton at home.
    Okay, we knew that there was a chance that he was leaving, however, we had several injuries and. in normal circumstances, he would have seen out his contract and we would not have got any fee for him, however, he was needed and played in a further 8 matches before the suspension of the season. We won 4, drew 3 and lost 1 and it is likely that he would have played in the remaining matches if the season had continued, particularly as we are still suffering with injuries.

Whatever fans think about Hendrick and his ability, it has been obvious that our manager rated him as a good team player and he was a player who he would have liked to retain. It was not to be and I think that Brownhill is a good acquisition, however, was he really a replacement for Hendrick or was he possibly going to take over from Cork?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)