+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Cannot even put out a full squad tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    It really is pathetic ,..4 years in the Prem and what do we do ? NOWT
    We just carry on, regardless with Garlic in charge....A Premier Team cannot put a fit squad together, , We are a joke
    Apparently playing 1 up top tonight ,..My goodness we are beaten before Garlic can park his Bentley
    Oh dear.Please remind me of the result!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Totally agree we need a Right Back ideally , but cant see us having 3 right backs now Bardsley has signed a new deal .
    Think we may look for a defensive midfielder but with Westwood , Cork , Brownhill & McNeil showing he can play central , not sure Centre Midfield will be a priority.
    I think we're still short Atilla. Even with a fully fit squad, if we play McNeill in the centre then we only have JBG and Brady to play wide. Both seem injury prone and Brady hasn't had a good game since his injury ages ago. Having lost Hendrick and Lennon we need another right sided attacker.

So I reckon we need either two decent wingers or a winger and a central midfielder.

We also need to be looking at right back with this probably being Bardsley's last contract.

The Gibson situation needs resolving and cover for central defence needs addressing, although Long has always done us proud when he has been called on (apart from City in the cup).

Does anyone know when the window opens?

Yes 1959_60 , I believe we need a Right Back , Centre Half , Defensive Midfielder (if McNeil plays central) and at least 2 wingers (3 if McNeil plays central) , McNeil gives us the creativity we have needed in Centre Mid , so having lost Lennon and with Brady and Gudmundsson both being injury prone , we need a right & left winger for the first 11.
    That would be 5 or 6 new additions , but cant see the club offering Bardsley a new deal if we were looking for a right back and if McNeil does play central mid they may think we have enough with Westwood , Cork , Brownhill & McNeil for the Centre which means we defo need a minimum of two wide midfielders and i'm hoping we will be looking for quick , hungry young players for those positions.

I've read that the window is 'expected' to open July 26th 59, not sure if that's been confirmed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    And no more Hart's and Gibson's!
    To be fair to the old boy, Mike didn't sign them, we can't blame him for them. And also to be fair to him, a lot of the money he has backed Sean with has been spunked away on the likes of Gibson, Hart, Wells etc. I do wonder if the eye-wateringly expensive Gibson debacle has spooked Mike somewhat, and he's become even more reluctant to give Sean the DP store keys than he was before.

I have a vivid recollection of a meeting I had with Dave Baldwin, he told me a panel of five discussed all of the attributes any potential signing had prior to a case being put to Mike Garlick to sign it off.

Dave's now departed and my honest recollection is that our transfer policy is dictated by putting a wet finger up to gauge the speed of the wind. Rigg - do something?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)