+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Fulham striker banned for the elbow, will be banned for the next 3 games but will be back to face us.

I thought that he’d been sent off earlier this season and should have received a longer ban?

Pleasing to see that justice ultimately done.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I thought that he’d been sent off earlier this season and should have received a longer ban?
    Mitrovic hasn't been sent off since he played for Newcastle. He's had eight yellow cards in total this season and received a one match suspension after five. Not sure how the totting up process works in this instance as he's received a retrospective ban as opposed to a straight red card. I think they should have banned him for the rest of the season to be on the safe side though .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Mitrovic hasn't been sent off since he played for Newcastle. He's had eight yellow cards in total this season and received a one match suspension after five. Not sure how the totting up process works in this instance as he's received a retrospective ban as opposed to a straight red card. I think they should have banned him for the rest of the season to be on the safe side though .

Its one of those strange things that happen, basically the thug flattens a Leeds player, ref sees nothing so he carries on for anothe 88 minutes, fortunately for us, this didn't impact the final score - though it could have done, He subsequently gets a retrospective ban - preventing him from playing against possibly some of our promotion rivals [Forest - and had the ban been longer West Brom] basically our potential promotion rivals gain from his dirty play against us, and we possibly lose out as a result. Wierd eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Its one of those strange things that happen, basically the thug flattens a Leeds player, ref sees nothing so he carries on for anothe 88 minutes, fortunately for us, this didn't impact the final score - though it could have done, He subsequently gets a retrospective ban - preventing him from playing against possibly some of our promotion rivals [Forest - and had the ban been longer West Brom] basically our potential promotion rivals gain from his dirty play against us, and we possibly lose out as a result. Wierd eh?
    I don't think there's any anti Leeds conspiracy here to be honest. Just thought Mitrovic was an extremely lucky lad at the time. Still can't believe Benrahma got away with similar to what Mitrovic did earlier in the season, especially given Pereira received a three match ban for less when the midget that is Joe Allen got a little too close for comfort. I don't think that's a conspiracy either by the way, I do think it was both wrong and pretty sh yt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I don't think there's any anti Leeds conspiracy here to be honest. Just thought Mitrovic was an extremely lucky lad at the time. Still can't believe Benrahma got away with similar to what Mitrovic did earlier in the season, especially given Pereira received a three match ban for less when the midget that is Joe Allen got a little too close for comfort. I don't think that's a conspiracy either by the way, I do think it was both wrong and pretty sh yt though.
    To be fair I wasn't suggesting a conspiracy or anything dodgy, just pointing out how these situations don't help the wronged party, but can help their rivals, no more no less than that intended.

To be fair I wasn't suggesting a conspiracy or anything dodgy, just pointing out how these situations don't help the wronged party, but can help their rivals, no more no less than that intended.
    It's a very valid point.

Fair play Tichi1, and for the record I wasn't implying that you'd suggested there was a conspiracy. I was suggesting that neither of us were facing one. Congratulations on your win today. Hopefully we can keep the heat on with victory over Hull.

Don't know if the stats confirm my suspicious that retrospective bans are much more likely if they occur on live TV. Gayle's for' winning' the pen, Pereira and Mitrovic spring to mind because they involve the Albion or are recent.

Anyone with any evidence for or against this theory?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)