+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Luton Town ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Playing promotion hopefuls or relegation battles are always going to be the toughest games at end of season. Glad we got a point.

We have a few mid table teams to play next so I expect those games to be more routine, with us picking up a better points haul.
    Derby, Swansea, Stoke, Barnsley, not a single "mid-table" opponent amongst them. Even Blackburn are on the outer edge if playoff positions.

No game is "routine", and if we cant beat the bottom team, with 75% possession and over 20 shots, then we dont even know what "routine" is, whoever we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    6 points clear with 6 games to go?
    That’s got proper fk up wrote all over it.
    Dont even know why Im laughing. Think its a nervous schollboy kinda laugh.

Just watched the highlights Bamford had two great chances where he didn’t even connect with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Just watched the highlights Bamford had two great chances where he didn’t even connect with the ball.
    And that is worthy of note because.........?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Derby, Swansea, Stoke, Barnsley, not a single "mid-table" opponent amongst them. Even Blackburn are on the outer edge if playoff positions.

No game is "routine", and if we cant beat the bottom team, with 75% possession and over 20 shots, then we dont even know what "routine" is, whoever we play.
    I know you're 'shouting' (metaphorically), and hugely frustrated, but to what end? Like I said, warts and all this team and this manager is what we've got until the end of this season. The finishing is going to be sh1t, there'll be 100 touches where 10 will do, there'll be mistakes, MB will pick the same starting 11 regardless (unless there's an injury, then he'll just swap 1 for 1 e.g. Berardi for Cooper, Alioski for Dallas). And we'll either go up and it'll be the same again in the PL, or we won't, MB will go, and we'll start all over again without MB.

Even for him that took some doing - he is so shorn of confidence that if he were a horse he would be shot to put him out of his misery.

PS your comment seems a bit harsh given you often endlessly reply to your own posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I know you're 'shouting' (metaphorically), and hugely frustrated, but to what end? Like I said, warts and all this team and this manager is what we've got until the end of this season. The finishing is going to be sh1t, there'll be 100 touches where 10 will do, there'll be mistakes, MB will pick the same starting 11 regardless (unless there's an injury, then he'll just swap 1 for 1 e.g. Berardi for Cooper, Alioski for Dallas). And we'll either go up and it'll be the same again in the PL, or we won't, MB will go, and we'll start all over again without MB.
    OWT, not shouting (metaphorically or not), just pointing out that we have no "routine" matches, and that there is only one (kind of) mid-table team and that all others have something to play for (some with chances, no matter how slim, of getting into playoff contention, others desperate to avoid relegation). If you're suggesting that because we can't affect what Bielsa does (which I know we can't) as being cause for not commenting, then we might as well all pack up and close down Footymad?

As for us going up or not, I think (fear) that unlike when we went down to Lg 1, failure this time will be seen by most to be entirely self-inflicted, and also unlike recent times, we are fast running out of die hards who will accept the inevitable if we fail to get promoted, and will switch allegiance to other clubs or even different sports. "F00k 'em" you might say, and in part I agree, but unless we are in the PL, where primary revenue isn't from gate receipts, the club can't survive without supporters. Radrizzani won't stay, neither will the majority of players who are able to jump ship to other Championship clubs, and we will be at the mercy of more barrow boys turned club owners, or in some fantasy world, a rich uncle who has money to burn. Neither is a healthy prospect and there won't be a "start all over again", unless and until we reach rock bottom and are playing Northern League sides in semi-professional football. Such a prospect, for the club I and others have followed for nearly 50 years, is unbearable, but something that our current management and players seem to give very little for.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

We will beat all 5 of those, possession and shots count for nowt. Ball in the back of the net does.

Luton and the form they are currently in was always going to be a stern test. 1 point for them is as good as a win so they were never really going to venture forward.

However it is disappointing that we were all huff & puff tonight without any real end product.

My own gripe so far this season is that there has not been a single Leeds player that I see as a genuine goal consistent threat.

sounds like some of us would prefere a change.
    Pehaps Mick McCarthy, hoofball and midtable mediocracy.

Bamford looked certain to score when a cross was floated towards his unmarked brow just six yards from goal, only for the striker to drop to the ground without even attempting to connect. - Daily Mail

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)