+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Luton Town ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    All ifs and buts.it will go down to the wire.
    It will, but we are still in pole position.

Not sure if my ticker can stand it anymore..nor my liver

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Newsflash.....4 shots on goal, 3 goals. 75% conversion rate, what would we give for a performance half as clinical.
    Selective as usual - before this game they hadn't scored a goal in 4 games though they had 43 shots in total - We can all pick holes and make absurd comparisons - you more than most.

"One swallow doth not a summer make" Our strike rate over the season????
    will refer to my previous post lol

My thoughts are as before - we are better team against teams that want to play - need points not good against anyone who parks the bus.. despite creating numerous oppprtunities [Se Bambi and Costas fecked up attempts to head us in front at the end of the Luton game] When we played Fulham three days earlier, they came at us, dominated in large parts - we got 3 breakaway goals.
    So Blackburn - really need all 3 points if they are to seriously challenge for the play offs - think we will beat them.
    Stoke - getting desperate - will park the bus - but they are in poor form [as opposed to Luton & Cardiff] we will beat these too
    Swansea - see Blackburn
    Barnsley - a tough one - they too are in good form and generally do okay at ER - A goaless draw
    Derby away - another team that will need to win to have any chance of the playoffs - and they have a really tough run in from here on - but extra spice against them. With Rooney playing they cant park the bus - so I fancy at least a score draw
    Charlton at home - last day of the season - depends on if they are safe by then to their tactics, if they need a win - we will beat them, need a draw and its a tough call, they are safe and we need to win - thern I don't fancy us.... but if we are already promoted before Charlton - we win that one too

I predict we will get another 12 points

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Selective as usual - before this game they hadn't scored a goal in 4 games though they had 43 shots in total - We can all pick holes and make absurd comparisons - you more than most.
    Pan, kettle, black hmm. Before those four games you mention, in the whole of the previous set of matches back to seasons start, they had failed to score in only four other matches. Leeds in the same period failed to score in twice as many matches

How can you suggest that a team that scores from 3 out of four chances in a match against Wendies, none from 3 against Brentford and none from none against Brum (post re-start) is an "absurd comparison" to Leeds who have scored once from 7 in the Luton game, 3 from 6 vs Fulham, and none from 2 against Cardiff?

Just to save you the maths, thats 3 from 7 for WBA, 4 from 14 for Leeds.

Pan, kettle, black hmm. Before those four games you mention, in the whole of the previous set of matches back to seasons start, they had failed to score in only four other matches. Leeds in the same period failed to score in twice as many matches

How can you suggest that a team that scores from 3 out of four chances in a match against Wendies, none from 3 against Brentford and none from none against Brum (post re-start) is an "absurd comparison" to Leeds who have scored once from 7 in the Luton game, 3 from 6 vs Fulham, and none from 2 against Cardiff?

Just to save you the maths, thats 3 from 7 for WBA, 4 from 14 for Leeds.
    #

As ever know all strikes back - no wonder that this board is nearly dead, yet again as soon as we have a slip up youre on here moaning groanoing, whinging whining, slagging off the players, the management, the directors, anyone on here who disagrees with you... nothing ever changes.

and my stats included TOTAL shots per game - not just on target shots,

So bore off

As you say if I dont like your drivel I can F00k ?? right off - my pleasure T**t

#

As ever know all strikes back - no wonder that this board is nearly dead, yet again as soon as we have a slip up youre on here moaning groanoing, whinging whining, slagging off the players, the management, the directors, anyone on here who disagrees with you... nothing ever changes.

So bore off

As you say if I dont like your drivel I can F00k ?? right off - my pleasure T**t
    Not sure why you suggest I "know it all"? You criticised me for being selective, so I took a whole season, which showed there was a marked difference in the number of times we failed to score, compared to WBA, and that over the games played since lockdown we have converted around 50% less chances into goals than WBA. I'm not inventing the figures, just suggesting they support what we all know, that Bamford (and now Roberts), are considerably less effective than those from our nearest rival at converting chances into goals scored.

BTW, quite why you make a point of including total shots, when those like Alioskis a couple of minutes before his goal against Fulham are more at home on a rugby pitch, and about as irrevelant to our promotion prospect as its possible to be, is something of a mystery?

Bielsa, isn't stubborn?

The board, in the form of Kinnear, is right to criticise supporters for avoiding Sky charges when watching via other channels?

Orta (and those who rubber-stamped the proposed acquisition of JKA) is a genius who is likely to cost us £18m for an unfit, injured reject from RB Leipzig/Monaco who has already cost us c£85k/min of game time played, really?

Please, tell, me you disagree with any of the above (and why)?

And if you don't like the truth (and all the above are self-evident truths) then sure, f00k the hell off rather than slag me off for living in the real world.

#

So bore off

And what the f00k is this sh1te about this forum being nearly dead? So we all either shut the f00k up or we all develop "happy clapper" syndrome?

This club is its supporters and NOT its dip**** Baird or the various owners who have come and gone over recent decades (yeah, decades if you've been around long enough!).

The board and the owner are custodians, and this current crop are not much better than the Ridsdales, perhaps more sophisticated in how they disguise their failures, and more creative in how they exploit their ownership and executive power, but underneath it all just the same narrow boys we have been subject to for a loooooong time.

If more supporters of the club held the board and management to book for their decisions, rather than bending over and inviting that self same board to shaft them again, we might have a little more respect from the likes of Kinnear as opposed to his disgusting criticism of those fans who are keen to save themselves a £10 note occasionally.

The profligacy of this board with other peoples money is as rank today as it has ever been, and for reasons I just can't fathom there are those who can't see it (or perhaps dont care).

profligacy
    /ˈprɒflɪɡəsi/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources.
    "the government returned to fiscal profligacy"

Just to save a Google folks. You would have, it would of got the better of you eventually.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)