+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does Dyche do it?

Yes, I didn't agree with what Ben said last week, I don't need a millionaire who knows nothing except how to kick a ball around telling me I need to educate myself, but he said what had to be said in the current situation.

I think Ben inferred that the two lads who organised the banner need to educate themselves sinkov.

I have long beaten the politics and football message should not mix. I am pretty certain Ben Mee is not qualified to comment on social issues and I think Burnley Football Club would be well served to remember their fan base is made up of diverse political persuasions.

Having said all of that, if the two eejits had left BURNLEY off that bloody banner the furore would not have kicked off in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think Ben inferred that the two lads who organised the banner need to educate themselves sinkov.

I have long beaten the politics and football message should not mix. I am pretty certain Ben Mee is not qualified to comment on social issues and I think Burnley Football Club would be well served to remember their fan base is made up of diverse political persuasions.

Having said all of that, if the two eejits had left BURNLEY off that bloody banner the furore would not have kicked off in the first place.
    It may well still have kicked off, however, it would not have had any connection with the Club or the town until the media delved into it. Even then, it would not have needed any comment from Ben or the Club, nor should it have needed comment.

Mind you, seeing that Ben's very premature born daughter has been in hospital for the last six weeks, he and his missus will certainly have had more on their minds than BLM et al and it is to his credit that he hs handled things so well. Good luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "It's 4.42 in the morning and my brain refuses to switch off."

It didn't keep me up that late BT, but I was lying in bed last night and there was something about that performance, especially in the first half that kept niggling away at me, keeping me awake, until eventually I recognised what it was. Straight from kick-off there was an assurance, a calmness, a confidence about them that I haven't seen for a long time, they played like they KNEW they were the better team, and in their minds the result was never in doubt. It reminded me of the performance at Elland Road early in the 13/14 promotion season, I expected it would be backs to the wall stuff, but straight from the start we were all over Leeds and played them off the park. You could see it coming in some of the earlier and pre-season games, but this was something special and eventually lead to promotion.

Where last night's performance came from I have no idea, it was almost surreal, it shouldn't have happened, and where it will lead to I've no idea either.
    For me Sinkov the thing most prominent from the game was McNeil needs to
    Play inside not out wide , he really is a talent makes the game look easy —- if it was me in charge he’d play in the hole all the time , if we could keep him and get a decent winger as well we’d be a threat .

He’s a good player wide when involved but centrally he’s alive more of the time and worries the opposition ( you can’t leave him on his own because he’s creative and he’ll hurt you.
    (?having said that if he plays there all the time he won’t be at Burnley long )

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It may well still have kicked off, however, it would not have had any connection with the Club or the town until the media delved into it. Even then, it would not have needed any comment from Ben or the Club, nor should it have needed comment.

Mind you, seeing that Ben's very premature born daughter has been in hospital for the last six weeks, he and his missus will certainly have had more on their minds than BLM et al and it is to his credit that he hs handled things so well. Good luck to him!
    Echoing those sentiments Supersub6. I was unaware of that situation and fair play to Ben on last night's performance.

Attachment 16201

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    For me Sinkov the thing most prominent from the game was McNeil needs to
    Play inside not out wide , he really is a talent makes the game look easy —- if it was me in charge he’d play in the hole all the time , if we could keep him and get a decent winger as well we’d be a threat .

He’s a good player wide when involved but centrally he’s alive more of the time and worries the opposition ( you can’t leave him on his own because he’s creative and he’ll hurt you.
    (?having said that if he plays there all the time he won’t be at Burnley long )
    Said exactly the same on a different thread this morning army88. At £35 million you have a game changer and a potential world class player on your hands. Playing in the hole looks to me to be his best position for us, but he's not bad on the left wing either!

I was yet again pleasantly surprised with Josh Brownhill.Fantastic work rate and that numpty should have seen red with the WWF style elbow.

How does Dyche do it?

I think, it's a fixed system - and that means a lot in a league of a more down than up muddled majority....an inconsistent mess mostly, just looking at the last two games - took 6 points from Watford and Palace, and how good were they, how much did they trouble us - So, was it because of our immense standard of play - or their gutless jumbled lumbering, and inadequacy where it counts....becuase it is the latter....then 1 goal in each of those games, is no way near good enough. That said - last night , with the players available - the oustanding work rate and relentless harrying - it was an especially well deserved win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Whatever BT, I do think though that Ben should have enough about him to realise that professional footballers are the last people who should be lecturing others about their education, or lack of. I wonder if Ben realises that this organisation he supports and bends the knee to, have as one of their stated aims the abolition of the police. No police, no professional football, no professional football, no lucrative career for Ben. But I doubt Ben has thought it through, footballers not generally being known as the sharpest knives in the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)