Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: So it's officially dead on here then?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,866
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    Well no, the whole thing could have been avoided entirely had you not chosen to break the very clear rules and abuse someone. We've been more than clear, not that we should really need to keep reminding people. As much as you appear to think it's my fault you abused someone and therefore attracted the usual punishment for breaking the rules, it was you who chose to do so.

    It doesn't suit me in the slightest, I've better things to do than babysit and then sit of an evening and read your abuse of me because I had the audacity to apply the rules you ignored.



    If there wasn't an accumulation, your ban would have more likely been temporary, there was an accumulation, therefore it isn't. I've no need to make anything up have I?



    What? My refusal to 'logout your account'? I've no idea what you are talking about?



    In that instance, you used a term commonly used as a homophobic slur, in any case, in any intended definition of the word, it was personal abuse and would attract exactly the same infraction, so it matters little.

    You never thought, so soon after an appeal for people to cut the abuse across the board, that you perhaps shouldn't drop a string of personal abuse at someone?




    'Quality control' doesn't come into my thinking when applying the rules no, the rules do. I couldn't care less if it's the poster with the most posts or a newbie with 1, breaking the rules is breaking the rules.



    There's a number of reasons for that, one of which is that we apply a very simple set of rules in the intentions of allowing everyone to be able to be comfortable contributing to discussion.



    "A very isolated recent post" was firmly against the rules, again, I wasn't responsible for you abusing someone was I?



    No, you got your account locked by breaking the rules. The only communication I've had from you is a single question via someone else, instead, you decide to slag me off elsewhere.



    Well it means I spend far less time being able to discuss the Blades online, get a range of abuse calling me every political persuasion under the sun and people taking a pop at me personally mainly for applying the basic rules of asking people not to abuse each other. I'm not entirely sure what you are insinuating?



    I host decades of negative chat on the Blades. I couldn't care less what political leaning someone has as long as they abide by the rules. This week I've been accused of being far both sides of the spectrum by two different people I've banned for calling each other names.




    I didn't though did I? I'm also not sure what Mousse's skin colour has anything to do with anything? He's been called lazy plenty, he's also been called fat.
    Might as well have just said "we have rules and you broke them"!

    The accumulation thing is the main thing I have a problem with.

    Accumulation over what period of time? Surely the period is the main factor here? My last and only 'infraction' was well over a year ago as far as I know, which again was a response to someone insulting me.

    I would like to see examples of 'offences' but more to the point, I received no notice of these accumulations so how could I know where I stand?

    You might be prone to making stuff up after seeing my comments about you. Again, it said I had a temporary ban initially....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Through the contact form on the home page of the site. It's the only way I could contact you.

    It might help if you read that first, regarding being unable to logout.

    While banned I've remained logged in. While logged in I can't even view the forum. It doesn't allow me to log out. I thought you'd know.

    You also presumably sent messages to me before immediately banning me - you surely knew I couldn't view them?
    I've had absolutely nothing through, therefore I've nothing to read... Though I've since been made aware of your post on v1tal where you requested someone point it out to me... this hasn't happened.

    I've just tested and it would appear that the banned user permissions do currently prevent the 'log out' link functioning, first I've been aware of it. You can of course clear cookies or use an incognito window, all of which would have allowed you to browse the site you've been slagging off here and on v1tal.

    Funnily enough, given that I try to use the functionality of banning people as little as I can, I've not extensively tested the permissions, especially given the whole point in an account being banned is that it is no longer functional in using the site.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    You might be prone to making stuff up after seeing my comments about you. Again, it said I had a temporary ban initially....
    Little point responding to this really is there?

    You are more than happy to personally abuse me, bringing irrelevant personal information into things all the while calling me a liar when asking for further information, before I've even responded.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,866
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    Little point responding to this really is there?

    You are more than happy to personally abuse me, bringing irrelevant personal information into things all the while calling me a liar when asking for further information, before I've even responded.
    I've not called you a liar. I've pointed out a reason you may be prone to looking for an excuse to permanently ban me.

    Please do explain about accumulation.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,866
    Regarding the email, I sent it through here. It said it had successfully sent....

    https://www.s24su.com/contact

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    I've not called you a liar. I've pointed out a reason you may be prone to looking for an excuse to permanently ban me.
    "You might be prone to making stuff up after seeing my comments about you"

    I don't need an excuse to permanently ban you, why would I? If I wanted an excuse to permanently ban you, why would I have allowed you on the site in the first place? Why would I wait until now to apparently 'make an excuse'? It's my site, I could do it at any time if I so wished.

    I banned you, for a foray of personal abuse. However you want to frame it, you are indignant at being banned for personally abusing someone, which is exactly the kind of result we've always said would occur in repeated instances of personal abuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Please do explain about accumulation.
    I already have, you accumulated multiple instances of infractions for personal abuse, both in the recent example conversation you quote from and from previous examples of abusing people.

    You then accuse me of making excuses to ban you, because, in your mind I wish to react to your comments on me since... Comments that have been posted AFTER you were banned. They don't even come into it, but even if they did, wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable, for someone being slagged off elsewhere, including irrelevant personal details being posted, to feel aggrieved?

    Back to the previous analogy, would you expect to get barred for abusing another drinker, slag off the landlord, comment to the public about irrelevant personal details, slag off his pub and suggest it's crap without you in it, then expect him welcome you back into his boozer with open arms?
    Last edited by foxy_s24su; 27-07-2020 at 09:44 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,866
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    "You might be prone to making stuff up after seeing my comments about you"

    I don't need an excuse to permanently ban you, why would I? If I wanted an excuse to permanently ban you, why would I have allowed you on the site in the first place? Why would I wait until now to apparently 'make an excuse'? It's my site, I could do it at any time if I so wished.

    I banned you, for a foray of personal abuse. However you want to frame it, you are indignant at being banned for personally abusing someone, which is exactly the kind of result we've always said would occur in repeated instances of personal abuse.
    Why would you have "allowed me on"? That's a bit worrying.... unless you mean why wouldn't you have just banned me straightaway.

    You might not necessarily need an excuse but it's better to have one isn't it.


    Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    I already have, you accumulated multiple instances of infractions for personal abuse, both in the recent example conversation you quote from and from previous examples of abusing people.

    You then accuse me of making excuses to ban you, because, in your mind I wish to react to your comments on me since... Comments that have been posted AFTER you were 'temporarily' banned. They don't even come into it, but even if they did, wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable, for someone being slagged off elsewhere, including irrelevant personal details being posted, to feel aggrieved?

    Back to the previous analogy, would you expect to get barred for abusing another drinker, slag off the landlord, comment to the public about irrelevant personal details, slag off his pub and suggest it's crap without you in it, then expect him welcome you back into his boozer with open arms?
    *Key edit* ^

    Firstly, the 'multiple' instances in the recent conversation were all part of the same brief exchange - it's strange that you count it as more than one. Secondly, it was private. Thirdly, it was the first instance of abuse from me for a long time. Long ago enough for the slate to have been wiped clean.

    Your analogy would suggest the comments on other forums are indeed an influencing factor! And I don't suggest it's crap simply because I'm not there.

    But to try and answer.... if it was the only boozer anywhere, I was a decent, regular customer, never usually any sort of problem for anyone there and my indiscretion all stemmed from me being provoked in the first place..... well, I might not expect to be welcomed back with open arms but I'd like to think I wouldn't be permanently barred with no possible way back, especially after trying to make contact with the landlord to sort it out (email).

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Why would you have "allowed me on"? That's a bit worrying.... unless you mean why wouldn't you have just banned me straightaway.

    You might not necessarily need an excuse but it's better to have one isn't it.
    Well it's not really is it? in the context of what you are inferring, if I was petty enough to be looking for excuses to keep you off the site as you suggest, I needn't have approved your registration in the first place (most of the year, as you know registrations are moderated). You are the one suggesting I've an ulterior motive, I've clarified multiple times that you are banned simply for breaking the rules.

    It really is simple, however you wish to describe the abuse, you racked up multiple instances of personal abuse of another member and therefore you received the same treatment anyone else would in racking up a ban.

    I'm not entirely sure the point you are making on your abusing of me elsewhere, you were banned before that, leading to you spitting your dummy out and making it personal... Your argument now seems to be that you shouldn't be banned for personal abuse and even though I haven't, I shouldn't take your subsequent abuse into consideration. Even though you slag it off and would prefer to be elsewhere, you'd like to be back?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,866
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    Well it's not really is it? in the context of what you are inferring, if I was petty enough to be looking for excuses to keep you off the site as you suggest, I needn't have approved your registration in the first place (most of the year, as you know registrations are moderated). You are the one suggesting I've an ulterior motive, I've clarified multiple times that you are banned simply for breaking the rules.

    It really is simple, however you wish to describe the abuse, you racked up multiple instances of personal abuse of another member and therefore you received the same treatment anyone else would in racking up a ban.

    I'm not entirely sure the point you are making on your abusing of me elsewhere, you were banned before that, leading to you spitting your dummy out and making it personal... Your argument now seems to be that you shouldn't be banned for personal abuse and even though I haven't, I shouldn't take your subsequent abuse into consideration. Even though you slag it off and would prefer to be elsewhere, you'd like to be back?
    Needn't have approved my registration - how would you have known it was 'herbert'? That's the worrying part. It sounds dodgy as f**ck.

    You're making it simple. You're ignoring points I'm making in mitigation. You've not addressed points about when my last previous infractions were, about me not being notified of any infractions and about time periods after which the slate could/should be wiped clean.

    Firstly, I wouldn't say I abused you elsewhere. Criticised, slagged off, yes. It's a distinction worth making. You wouldn't ban anyone for saying stuff like I did.
    The point I'm making is that I only had a temporary ban before the comments elsewhere - as far as I know. That's what it told me when I went on the site. You're claiming it was always a permanent ban. Maybe that's right and it was a mistake. Either way, it would have been much easier if you allowed me to see the messages you sent me prior to banning.

    My argument isn't that repeated personal abuse shouldn't get you banned. It's that I went a long time without crossing any lines when it comes to abuse. It's that I did not believe/know I was anywhere near my last chance. It's that I wouldn't class the exchange in question as multiple instances of abuse. And even if you see that differently, the fact I kept it private and off the forum has to count for something.

    I don't know if you've got my email yet but much of what I want to say is there.
    Much like the club itself, I don't like everything about S2 but it's currently an important resource for someone like me. I would appreciate the option to access my account. But if allowed I don't intend to post anywhere near as frequently - you have my word on that. If not, so be it, and I won't be back.
    Last edited by herbert; 28-07-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •