+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Potential Buyers

3 Potential Buyers

So Mr Hardy has confirmed May is gone.

Possible buyer one - SA lot

Possible buyer two - Danish lot

Possible buyer three -????

Thoughts? I have none.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    So Mr Hardy has confirmed May is gone.

Possible buyer one - SA lot

Possible buyer two - Danish lot

Possible buyer three -????

Thoughts? I have none.
    I get the impression that the three are now down to one? But it's Hardy so whether it's true or not, who knows!

If three didn't included Alex May, I'd say it's be SA, Danes and Smurf

As has been said so many times, who would buy the club when all they need to do is pick us up for a quid out of admin, that would be why Smurf is sniffing around if he is?

I think it's interesting that only yesterday did AH announce that he's binned the May consortium. The cynic in me wonders whether the very recent progress he referred to means there is now a clear preferred bidder working to complete a deal and that the May consortium wasn't discounted for the appropriate moral reasons but just because in the end (assuming we are now coming to the end of this protracted saga) they weren't the best deal on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    As has been said so many times, who would buy the club when all they need to do is pick us up for a quid out of admin, that would be why Smurf is sniffing around if he is?
    In the national League, to leave administration you have to pay off debts in full over a three year period. No one is picking Notts up for a pound

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    In the national League, to leave administration you have to pay off debts in full over a three year period. No one is picking Notts up for a pound
    Paying debts is one thing but Hardy wouldn't get anything personally if we were aquired from admin so it must be the sane option to a businessman?

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    I think it's interesting that only yesterday did AH announce that he's binned the May consortium. The cynic in me wonders whether the very recent progress he referred to means there is now a clear preferred bidder working to complete a deal and that the May consortium wasn't discounted for the appropriate moral reasons but just because in the end (assuming we are now coming to the end of this protracted saga) they weren't the best deal on the table.
    Clearly the bidder has entered en exclusivity period so I would say without any shadow of a doubt that is a fair assumption. I hope that Leigh Curtis makes sure he contacts Mays PR Company again to confirm that as fact and not conjecture.

I took it that there were three parties in the running when AH met that MP, i.e. the SAs, May, and perhaps the Danes, but now there is just one, i.e. either the SAs or the Danes.

But given that the Danes have come late to the party, I doubt they'd be in a position to push through a deal at this stage. So my guess is it's the SAs all along. Perhaps Hardy wanted to sell to May but has been pressured into dropping them, and to avoid even more fallout, he's gone back to the SAs with more reasonable expectations about the price.

But who knows? Maybe Swale ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Paying debts is one thing but Hardy wouldn't get anything personally if we were aquired from admin so it must be the sane option to a businessman?
    There is no. 'picking the club up on the cheap, from admin'. As a buyer, you would still be responsible for a good wedge of the debt, plus you get a -10 points deduction as well. Doubt whether Hardy will get much out of the deal either way. Any money he receives will be owed to Paragon and their shareholders and the best result he can hope for is that it doesn't drag his beloved golf club into admin/bankruptcy/liquidation.

I wonder what impact the revelation of the FA inquiry will have-if any- on the prospective buyers of the club!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast