+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget Klopp- we have the best manager in the PL,

Forget Klopp- we have the best manager in the PL,

His record speaks for itself. Continually defying the odds to produce performances like last night. No other manager comes near him for getting blood out of a stone with the playing staff and resources we have been operating with. No wonder the media are full of praise for SD and his team, today.We don’t ask for a lot , except to avoid relegation and maybe throw in one or two good performances during the season. With a bit more outlay we really could be up there with the likes of Wolves and Leicester. Let’s get behind the team and see what happens.We may just push on a little bit more.

We are experiencing one of those rare moments in football where a manager just fits like a hand to a glove in and the magic happens.

Howe at Bournemouth, Shankly at Liverpool, Sir Alex at Old Trafford etc.

I suggest if we could manage a back four of Trippier, Tarkowski, Mee and Taylor we could seriously contend for a place in the Champions League.

We would obviously have to keep Pope and McNeil, but we have to believe we are knocking at the door.

Will Garlick spring £20 million for Trippier?

Totally agree malwayne. For my money they are the best two managers in the Prem. But could/would Klopp be able to do it with Sean's resources? I doubt it.

Personality wise, I think they have many similarities. Ultra positive, good sense of humour and both pay attention to detail.

And Klopp is the perfect fit for Anfield and their Scousers. Scruffy as phuck and never out of his baseball cap, trainers and shell suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are experiencing one of those rare moments in football where a manager just fits like a hand to a glove in and the magic happens.

Howe at Bournemouth, Shankly at Liverpool, Sir Alex at Old Trafford etc.

I suggest if we could manage a back four of Trippier, Tarkowski, Mee and Taylor we could seriously contend for a place in the Champions League.

We would obviously have to keep Pope and McNeil, but we have to believe we are knocking at the door.

Will Garlick spring £20 million for Trippier?
    Do you seriously think we could get Trippier? I know he's from Summerseat and a down to earth lad.It would be brilliant but I imagine his current salary is a bit higher than what we could pay.I spoke with his niece not long ago,a complete accidental meeting,and there is no doubt he loves the area.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Do you seriously think we could get Trippier? I know he's from Summerseat and a down to earth lad.It would be brilliant but I imagine his current salary is a bit higher than what we could pay.I spoke with his niece not long ago,a complete accidental meeting,and there is no doubt he loves the area.
    We paid Hart a £100k a week, I'm sure we could work out a deal with Trippier.

I think this one might happen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We paid Hart a £100k a week, I'm sure we could work out a deal with Trippier.

I think this one might happen!
    I very much hope you are right.

I haven't got a link to it now, but I did read an interview with Trippier not that long ago, where he said he that he would love to return to play for Burnley, and he believed that one day he would.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I haven't got a link to it now, but I did read an interview with Trippier not that long ago, where he said he that he would love to return to play for Burnley, and he believed that one day he would.
    Atletico Madrid have already said £20 million will see him off and Trippier is pretty unequivocal about where he wants to end his career.

No brainer really, is it?

Of the current PL Managers Mourinho has the most PL seasons under his belt and has picked up 3 titles in 11 seasons. All of these have been with Chelsea. Howe Dyche and Klopp I think all have been in charge for 5 PL seasons with a single club. Klopp now has one PL title while Pep Guardiola has picked up two titles in his 4 seasons in charge of City. In terms of what they have achieved with unfashionable clubs I think Dyche edges it over Howe. I make SD pound for pound (pun intended) the best of them all and I know who my money would be on in an arm wrestling competition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)