+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: L2 possibly back in September

L2 possibly back in September

From the Bolton News.

WANDERERS will get a clearer picture today on when they will be able to welcome fans back to the University of Bolton Stadium.

League Two clubs will meet with the EFL this morning to discuss restart dates for the 2020/21 season.

They will also discuss the possibility of bringing back reduced crowds, potentially as early as September, to allow clubs to launch season tickets and begin budgeting for a playing return.

Link to full article. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...ns-can-return/

If they are starting in September that will put more pressure on NL to get playoffs finished.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 30-06-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Speaking of the playoffs
    ‘Rough dates’

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/st...151824385?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    From the Bolton News.

WANDERERS will get a clearer picture today on when they will be able to welcome fans back to the University of Bolton Stadium.

League Two clubs will meet with the EFL this morning to discuss restart dates for the 2020/21 season.

They will also discuss the possibility of bringing back reduced crowds, potentially as early as September, to allow clubs to launch season tickets and begin budgeting for a playing return.

Link to full article. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...ns-can-return/

If they are starting in September that will put more pressure on NL to get playoffs finished.
    Not directly relevant, but I was intrigued to see the BBC suggesting the French Open tennis in late September would be admitting spectators at an estimated 60% capacity. Apparently they are only leaving one seat empty between individuals / groups. That can't be much more than 40cm distancing? I assume there is some basis for this, and perhaps therefore there is a stronger likelihood of football being played in front of fans again at some point in the autumn.

As I have mentioned before a few times NHS gigs are going ahead in October in big venues.

I expect fans to be on grounds in Sept/Oct.

Its needs must to play BCD this season but it is awful really and sport without fans isnt the same.

If people can fly with strangers then I see no reason in 3 months the same cant happen in sport.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    As I have mentioned before a few times NHS gigs are going ahead in October in big venues.

I expect fans to be on grounds in Sept/Oct.

Its needs must to play BCD this season but it is awful really and sport without fans isnt the same.

If people can fly with strangers then I see no reason in 3 months the same cant happen in sport.
    A delay of a month to the start of the season from the usual first weekend of August seems realistic and sensible at this point in time. That is basically two months away.

Providing Covid-19 cases and deaths continue to fall (and there is no second peak prior to the start of September) then the situation should be as good if not better than when we played our last game in front of spectators in March against Eastleigh.