+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value for money / striker options

Value for money / striker options

Its a point, but for all Lutons battling etc, credit to them, we have to put these type of matches to bed early - how many times over the past 2-3 seasons have we bottled out aganist teams in or around the relegation zone.
    If & when we get promoted, forgetting about the prize pot etc, would you spend 10 mill plus on Costa, really hope not. Done next to zero for me, the odd bit of class, mega wage bill, would rather we spent his kind of money on a couple of young, hungry, talented wingers, ( we have Harrison but again borderline )
    Zero strikers to come on from bench, good luck to Edmundson next year - think hes wasting his time whilst MB is around, that leaves Augustin, arrived unfit, still not fit, again price tag of 10 -15 mill, avoid like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Its a point, but for all Lutons battling etc, credit to them, we have to put these type of matches to bed early - how many times over the past 2-3 seasons have we bottled out aganist teams in or around the relegation zone.
    If & when we get promoted, forgetting about the prize pot etc, would you spend 10 mill plus on Costa, really hope not. Done next to zero for me, the odd bit of class, mega wage bill, would rather we spent his kind of money on a couple of young, hungry, talented wingers, ( we have Harrison but again borderline )
    Zero strikers to come on from bench, good luck to Edmundson next year - think hes wasting his time whilst MB is around, that leaves Augustin, arrived unfit, still not fit, again price tag of 10 -15 mill, avoid like the plague.
    We have nothing that is remotely capable of scoring with the regularity we would need if (remote prospect atm) we got promoted. Watched Scum against Brighton this evening (was preferable to trying to get eyes on our match, for both technical and "on the pitch" reasons), and if we came up against either we would be embarrassed (even though Brighton were completely outplayed).

I was trying to convince myself that we had a squad (as opposed to the regular faces we see in Bielsas 1st team selection) that had enough about it to field a half-way credible PL 1st team 9, but can't do it. Desperately disappointed with tonights display after that performance against Fulham, but suspect that we flattered to deceive on that occasion,and have now reverted to type (especially at this stage of the season)

Still gutted this morning, but not surprised, surprised and gutted about myself that I could be sucked in again.

my feelings exactly Norfolk.

have to say i agree with the OP Costa's the most overrated player in the squad, complete waste of a shirt. Worse than Bamford IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post

have to say i agree with the OP Costa's the most overrated player in the squad, complete waste of a shirt. Worse than Bamford IMO.
    Feeling very concerned this morning and deflated, yes - best word for it.

Also, even if we were to go up, i agree we are very, very thin. And the soft underbelly just keeps coming back to haunt us - no real leadership to drive us forward on the pitch until Pablo comes in, and a lack of resilience when teams go toe to toe with us.

Where has the press gone, too? Don't feel we've dominated teams in the last 3 games like we were doing - hopefully we can get back into that stride on Saturday.

I think there is an over reliance on our solitary forward to score. The way we play, I feel at least 2 or 3 of our midfielders should be in double figures for goals. However I cant say I really expect any of our midfield to score.

Also I cant remember the last time we looked threatening at a set pieces.

Why dont we wait and see if/when we get promoted before asking what we need for next season,

Course its frustrating that we didnt win last night, but we didnt lose,

We are at our best when teams try and come at us, not when we have to break them down, however that has been the theme for most of the season and look where we are,

We are still in a very comfortable position, its important not to lose at this point,keep picking up points,

Bamford has an unbelievable miss rate, we all know this, slating him on here wont change anything, he will play if fit, Last night he made so many really good runs only for the ball not to come to him and was getting frustrated,

I have seen on other threads that some would like change ( M, do me a favour best football we have played in over a decade,

Main change we need is a 25 goal a season striker, aint going to happen this season so why harp on about it...

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Still gutted this morning, but not surprised, surprised and gutted about myself that I could be sucked in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post

All in the same boat chaps.

Gutted and a feeling of being sucked in again.

Looking for WBA to do a Leeds now.......

6 point gap with 6 games to go isn’t too bad.

Hi everyone, just joined the site and this is my first post, would have preferred in easier times but being a Leeds supporter for over 50 years I've learned that nothing comes easy with this team. From the first 3 games, my observation is that the midfield are mis-firing badly and Pablo still appears to be carry an injury or at least still working it off. Phillips who is normally Mr reliable, is putting the team under needless pressure with careless passing, Klich seems to have run dry and Roberts is not really sure where he should be playing. It is unlikely that Dallas will play on Saturday which probably means The Duracell Battery Rabblt ( Alioski ) will get into the team and should generate more energy. Harrison needs to calm down and not try and dribble pass the whole team. Bamford is never going to be dropped, at least not initially, as he buys into the Bielsa system and in fairness does work his socks off, however he is paid to score. I think the results on Saturday will give us a good indication as to whether we need to get nail extensions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)