+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Actually, we have my 92 year old dad living with us. He started watching the Clarets in the 30's and it's all his fault that I am a fan.

He had a bit of a turn about a month ago and we now have a stream of carers coming in through the day.

We are struggling to get him to eat and drink and we are desperately trying to keep him out of a home.

On the bright side, he is still very happy and loves the young female carers who "attend" to him!
    Good luck with all this 59_60. I have been down that road several years ago with both my parents and it is far from easy, in fact, it can be very frustrating if he goes down the dreaded dementia trail.

Good luck with keeping him going and keeping out of a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Good luck with all this 59_60. I have been down that road several years ago with both my parents and it is far from easy, in fact, it can be very frustrating if he goes down the dreaded dementia trail.

Good luck with keeping him going and keeping out of a home.
    Thanks super.

We are getting great support.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Thanks super.

We are getting great support.
    That does help, although, as I said, if he goes down the dementia trail ---I hope that he doesn't -----then be prepared to be frustrated like you have never been before! It is not nice at all! Best wishes with all your efforts.

ha! Well I'm still on the young(ish) side and a liberal at heart. As I get older I find myself more and more conservative though. As they say, getting older makes you wiser and you try your best to see both sides to the story.

I've also been there before 1959_60 I was a full time carer for my late grandparents, its tough because they naturally seem to want to 'switch off' by not eating etc. I found a bit of routine helped, Monday this food, Tuesday another. Try to go out one day a week for a pub meal for a treat...when its okay to do so of course!

And yeah, its hard to get a long with CT. I've met him in person, comes accross a good guy and like us all, wants what is best for the club. We have fallen out a few times usually over youth development that I've been vocally critical of in the past.

Problem is, if you are on the wrong side of a debate over there you get bullied for your views, mocked and generally treated like ****. I hope I can move more of my contribution here where people seem far more level headed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)