+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic.

My understanding is that if they finish in bottom 3 then -12 next season in Div 1

If they finish out of bottom 3 then -12 will be applied IF that would put them into bottom 3

If they finish out of bottom 3 by more than 12 points then -12 next season in Championship

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    My understanding is that if they finish in bottom 3 then -12 next season in Div 1

If they finish out of bottom 3 then -12 will be applied IF that would put them into bottom 3

If they finish out of bottom 3 by more than 12 points then -12 next season in Championship
    Sounds as though they are trying to avoid a meaningless punishment, which is fair enough.

But will they be consistent when they punish other clubs?

I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Not if they get enough points on the board it doesn't come into effect till end of season.They way I read it if they can get 13 points clear of third from bottom by end of the season they will stay up by one point.
    Yes I’ve just seen that.
    Should be deducted straight away so that they have to fight to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sounds as though they are trying to avoid a meaningless punishment, which is fair enough.

But will they be consistent when they punish other clubs?

I doubt it.
    Hmmmmmmm

Just read it again and looks like Lol is right

They could finish 13 points out of bottom three then get points deducted and stay up

Punishment, what punishment it'll be Birmingham all over again

Bury must have really p!$$€d someone of in the EFL

If they do manage to stay up, they will have to cost cut big style. Should be a struggle next season.
    Just shows what we were and are up against, clubs run on the never never, bound to be more failures than successes.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm

Just read it again and looks like Lol is right

They could finish 13 points out of bottom three then get points deducted and stay up

Punishment, what punishment it'll be Birmingham all over again

Bury must have really p!$$€d someone of in the EFL
    I thought Bury failed to come out of administration so the EFL had no choice? It wasn't points deduction that killed them off. Wigan and others could go the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Millers fans circling already

Matt Vause
    @MattVause93
    ·
    7m
    With Wigan going into Administration I’d pop a cheeky bid in for Sam Morsy... always rated him. Would help sure up our midfield as a proper holding/defensive minded player, allowing Crooks and co to focus on going forward. Maybe even try to get Big Keiffer back n’all �� #RUFC
    They reckon Kieffer is on 18k a week Roly , that's why he wanted away from us on the eve of the season despite not really bettering himself football wise .

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes and Wigan are one of the weaker teams we should be looking to take points off

Have they got all their money for Keiffer ? Sometimes the balance is only paid a long time after the transfer
    I reckon they'll still owe us half the £4m they paid for Moore .

Could be serious consequences financially for us , compounded even further if we go down .

Tip of a very big iceberg is this .

The game below PL level is in very serious trouble .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They reckon Kieffer is on 18k a week .
    Not a lot of sympathy if that's what they are paying players like Keiffer. Debatable as to whether he's even cship standard

They are trying to fiddle their way out of relegation.They should start next season -12 upwards next season.Tbe EFL should be bold otherwise others will follow with this dirty trick.This also applies to SWFC with the points deduction for next season NOT this season.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast