+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSA DFCSS and the Club Board

DSA DFCSS and the Club Board

Iv let this one sit for a few days however id like to know why in a club our size we have so many i dont like him i dont like them people.

We as a club can't afford to have people working against one another for example, who spoke to the press the other day re the dfcss refusing to part with money?surely the people present at any meeting wouldv been held by basically the same rules that gagged the dfcss past reps on the club board re releasing details of meetings.

For the record i think the only group i have not had a difference of opinion with are the DSA prob as i aint a member lol

If someone is releasing details of a meeting to the press then id suggest that that is bang out of order and looking to be divisive when in present times we should all be pulling in the same direction.

For the record i know that the DSA do an awful lot of good things for the betterment of our club and i also know the SS do likewise,leaked details of any meeting just isnt right,whether thats by an individual from the DSA/SS or indeed a club board member

Some individual or individuals need to put the hatchets away,we are all DFC supporters and should be pulling primarily in the same direction
    Last edited by shaded; 01-07-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Great post Shaded
    Time to pull together , buy your season tickets (if you can ) and get ready for next season - only 3 months to go lol

I would like to see us start something like the hearts foundation where fans can donate monthly. I would not participate if the SS got involved tho. To me they raise cash from fans then ALWAYS want something in return. Most fans just want to do their bit.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I would like to see us start something like the hearts foundation where fans can donate monthly. I would not participate if the SS got involved tho. To me they raise cash from fans then ALWAYS want something in return. Most fans just want to do their bit.
    The simple solution is to have a independent group of trustees who would be in charge of the fundraising scheme.
    I have previously carried out a bit of research in this department.
    The Well trust have a monthly fundraising scheme where the money raised goes directly to working capital.
    Hearts have their foundation who are raising funds by monthly donations from supporters to buy back Hearts from Ann Budge.
    Aberdeen have a fundraising scheme called AberDNA which has different categories of membership. Basically the higher your monthly donation the greater the perks. Aberdeen raise about £900,000 per annum which goes directly to the manager’s budget.
    In my opinion the Well Trust scheme is probably the easiest to operate but there is one important difference between Dundee FC and Motherwell FC. The Well Trust owns a majority shareholding in Motherwell Football Club whilst FPS hold a 75% controlling interest in Dundee Football Club Limited.

Get some money into the club pronto.

These are unprecedented times and it calls for swift action from those who hold the purse strings.

iv heard people dishing the ss my answer now is have a read of their website,the board now bears no resemblance to the board before the yanks rode into town,iv also heard the DSA dished,ffs we are far to small a club to no like them or no like the other lot.

there have been some fantastic fund raising initiatives lately led by the fans,imo the club should grasp the chance and get the guys and girls who are good at money raising ideas around the table,and potentially raise a lot of cash! the club have to engage with the support and whilst doing so be prepared to work with all groups,

the club should be proactive and raise the cash instead of asking for a handout,thats the easy lazy way.like it or not the cash the ss have at the bank may be needed desperately some rainy day and we have had more than our fair share of rainy days.

Engage with the fans and have chat with the ex season tkt holders of both normal and hospitality sections of the ground,how hard is it to talk to the already converted?, a blank note pad and one question "what made you not buy a season tkt or hospitality any more"and have an honest discussion,not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    iv heard people dishing the ss my answer now is have a read of their website,the board now bears no resemblance to the board before the yanks rode into town,iv also heard the DSA dished,ffs we are far to small a club to no like them or no like the other lot.

there have been some fantastic fund raising initiatives lately led by the fans,imo the club should grasp the chance and get the guys and girls who are good at money raising ideas around the table,and potentially raise a lot of cash! the club have to engage with the support and whilst doing so be prepared to work with all groups,

the club should be proactive and raise the cash instead of asking for a handout,thats the easy lazy way.like it or not the cash the ss have at the bank may be needed desperately some rainy day and we have had more than our fair share of rainy days.

Engage with the fans and have chat with the ex season tkt holders of both normal and hospitality sections of the ground,how hard is it to talk to the already converted?, a blank note pad and one question "what made you not buy a season tkt or hospitality any more"and have an honest discussion,not rocket science
    This is a rainy day and is desperately needed.

i agree noah however if the ss just handed the cash over then what happens the next time the club could do with some more cash,imo nae point in poking a finger in a dyke(i ken ) do the job right and fix the leaking wall.

the club have to engage wi the fans,agree?

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    i agree noah however if the ss just handed the cash over then what happens the next time the club could do with some more cash,imo nae point in poking a finger in a dyke(i ken ) do the job right and fix the leaking wall.

the club have to engage wi the fans,agree?
    Shaded this isn't a time for long term strategy, Tim keyes has backed our club with millions, we need cash and the SS have some. Fairs fair eh.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Shaded this isn't a time for long term strategy, Tim keyes has backed our club with millions, we need cash and the SS have some. Fairs fair eh.
    Some people will never be happy.

You just need to read this forum regularly to see that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)