+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSA DFCSS and the Club Board

boah i dina see any1 on this thread not happy,eric i agree re tim keyes,the point im making is if the fans are engaged properly then they will produce what ever they can afford,there isna any converting or selling required to supporters as they are the audience and will always be the audience,they have it in their power to make to make it a short term and long term fix

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    boah i dina see any1 on this thread not happy,eric i agree re tim keyes,the point im making is if the fans are engaged properly then they will produce what ever they can afford,there isna any converting or selling required to supporters as they are the audience and will always be the audience,they have it in their power to make to make it a short term and long term fix
    I think due to John Nelms running the club, fowk sometimes forget about Tim keyes and let's be honest if you backed the club like he has should he not expect some help if funds are available no questions asked.
    I certainly think he has paid his dies since getting involved, the dfcss seem petty holding money back imo.

I hope that John Nelms has applied for and received the £50,000 each SPFL club is entitled to receive
    as a result of the ‘no strings’ donation to the SPFL by philanthropist James Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Get some money into the club pronto.

These are unprecedented times and it calls for swift action from those who hold the purse strings.
    Whilst I agree with you Noah on the DFCSS handing over the money I find it odd that Nelms only talks to people when he needs something.
    He has a massive preference to surround himself with yes men, he made a total Bernie Blunt of the voting malarkey and he absolutely has no interest in anything that doesn’t boost his social standing.
    I hope he’s taken the 30% paycut as that’s more money than the DFCSS have in the bank in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I think due to John Nelms running the club, fowk sometimes forget about Tim keyes and let's be honest if you backed the club like he has should he not expect some help if funds are available no questions asked.
    I certainly think he has paid his dies since getting involved, the dfcss seem petty holding money back imo.
    Eric they offered it as an interest free loan, the money could already be in the bank account of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Eric they offered it as an interest free loan, the money could already be in the bank account of the club.
    What was the repayment terms?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    What was the repayment terms?
    Sorry Noah, I missed this.

It didn’t get that far as John nelms was only interested in a no strings handover rather than am interest free loan.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Sorry Noah, I missed this.

It didn’t get that far as John nelms was only interested in a no strings handover rather than am interest free loan.
    Then took the petted lip when he didn't get his way.

I wonder if the club requested the money knowing that the request would be rejected then themselves leaking this to the press and using the fans justified annoyance at this rejection as a further leverage against the Society . Both parties have been at loggerheads since The Americans took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    I wonder if the club requested the money knowing that the request would be rejected then themselves leaking this to the press and using the fans justified annoyance at this rejection as a further leverage against the Society . Both parties have been at loggerheads since The Americans took over.
    If they did then that's a very dirty trick to pull. I don't think that would have been the case though.

Why is the fans' annoyance at this justified in your opinion?

The society as it was when the Americans came along is not as it was just six months later but JN has held the grudge against anyone associating with the society since. His gripe was with those in charge of the society at time of take over and not with the society in general but he refuses to see it that way. This relationship was of course worsened when an individual that had been previously asked to leave the society board after a shocking and unforgivable breach of trust and confidentiality managed to weedle his way back onto it unopposed.

Fault on both sides and in my view the rift will never be closed as long as JN is at the club and the society board contains certain individuals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)