+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic goes into Admin

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If the relegation bet turns out to be true, this has got to be the most outrageous thing ever seen in English football. FL must not dock points.
    Correct it is dodgy as hell.

I've said it many times the German model is so much better then what we have here ok you are unlikely to get a sugar daddy but you live within your means and fans have a huge say in how the club is ran.

The problem is its probably too far gone now as fans have been brainwashed an example is Mike Ashley is the devil for running Newcastle with a strict budget but this Saudi bloke is a hero as he has lots of $$$$$ take a look at his background and how he treats people it paints a very different story.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    An interesting read here detailing the apparent sequence of events

https://twitter.com/marksparko/statu...335836163?s=20
    This^^^

Is well worth a read.

It seems to be going from bad to worse.

Wigan will fulfil Saturday's game at Brentford despite players going unpaid.

"We have heard today that staff at the club are about to be made redundant and that players are being offered for sale," their joint-letter to English Football League chairman Rick Parry says.

"This raises serious concerns about the administration process and fears that the club is being broken up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53291951

Not like Lisa Nandy to blow things out of proportion with her calling it a "major global scandal" I very much doubt much of the globe has heard of Wigan.

Although the whole thing does smell of dodgy dealings. Is the land valuable I wonder.

One headline a couple of days back claimed there is 1 in 4 chance Wigan won't finish the season. If their results were to be expunged, Fword would fall 2 points further behind West Brom. The gap between Fword and their other promotion rivals (Leeds, Brentford, Fulham) would remain the same.

One headline a couple of days back claimed there is 1 in 4 chance Wigan won't finish the season. If their results were to be expunged, Fword would fall 2 points further behind West Brom. The gap between Fword and their other promotion rivals (Leeds, Brentford, Fulham) would remain the same.
    Don't you mean a 1 chance in 4 they WILL?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Don't you mean a 1 chance in 4 they WILL?
    "Administration looms at another Championship club - with one in four chance Wigan won't finish season" is the headline.

"The search is on for a new owner and Gerald Krasner, from Begbies Taylor, has admitted there is only a 75 per cent chance of completing the season. He has already suggested they will consider an appeal against the automatic 12-point deduction that would thrust them back into a relegation fight with Stoke. He expects at least one more Championship club to go into administration as clubs, already under financial pressure, try to cope with playing games without match day income."

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...-stoke-4286967

"Administration looms at another Championship club - with one in four chance Wigan won't finish season" is the headline.

"The search is on for a new owner and Gerald Krasner, from Begbies Taylor, has admitted there is only a 75 per cent chance of completing the season. He has already suggested they will consider an appeal against the automatic 12-point deduction that would thrust them back into a relegation fight with Stoke. He expects at least one more Championship club to go into administration as clubs, already under financial pressure, try to cope with playing games without match day income."

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...-stoke-4286967
    OK, I got it upside down.

I suspect the end of season can't come quickly enough for at least a dozen clubs. A huge s h i t s t o r m is a-brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I suspect the end of season can't come quickly enough for at least a dozen clubs. A huge s h i t s t o r m is a-brewing.
    From all angles. If capacity crowds were allowed back tomorrow I think there'd be a very high risk of violence, attacks on the police, accusations of racism, players walking off the pitch and a likelihood of the game degenerating into a total farce. With the US moving towards civil war (Portland is a war zone right now, just scroll through this independent jouranilsts twitter feed.... https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo), mass unemployment, people cancelling subscriptions to Sky Sports, we are surely now entering the most challenging period football has ever known. I was going to say "since the mid-1980s" but, as bad as things were back then, no club went bust.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast